Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Severe inside tire wear. Can Just alignment cause this?

Hi All,

Here is a picture of the Right Rear tire. It's worn and being replaced today. I know i have to get the alignment checked, but the amount of wear on the inside... Could it just be the alignment?

It drives great under high acceleration, so I'm not thinking RTAB, but it could be. Cars over 150k but they've been done once.

http://i.imgur.com/h84kqGw.jpg

Thanks,
    Scott

Well, the rest of the tire looks like it's mostly worn already, so it's not THAT bad, but I'd obviously make sure you get an alignment right after you get your new tires on. Have them make sure toe is in spec and get your rear camber as close to zero as possible.
    In the market for an E90 M3

Use this. BTW the rear has negative camber from the factory so I suggest not putting it close to 0 degrees.

Welcome to the forum!

You didn't mention what kind of car this was off of but assuming it's a ZHP the specs for rear camber is -1.8 to -2.3 degrees. That would mean the top of the tire is tilted inward 1.8 to 2.3 degrees. This aids in handling with the tradeoff being accelerated tire wear on the inside. The picture you posted is pretty typical, you should have the alignment at least checked but don't be surprised if it's within spec.
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon
    Sapphire Black / Black Leather / Black Cube

This. Inner tire wear is normal on these cars due to the camber settings.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

And welcome aboard Scott, I hope you'll post a new member intoduction. Lot's of knowledgeable folks here as you can see. I learn something every day.

Wow, thanks everyone for the quick replys, much appropriated. I'm not going to worry to much about this, but will do some investigation and will update if I hear anything.

I just noticed registration was open last week. I meant to post a intro this week, before anything else but am wanted to get some feedback on this tire before i talk to the shop guys today.

And yes, its an '03 330i ZHP . I'll get some pics in my intro.

Thanks again