Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Leather Miracle!

I don't know if this is old or new news to anyone but while researching what I could use around the household to soften up an old leather wallet, I found that cocoa butter is a very good moisturizer/polisher for just about anything leather.
    Since I bic my head all the time, I had a tub of cocoa butter I use to moisten the scalp after a shave. After using it on my old wallet, I discovered that it worked quite well! Then the thought occurred to me that this might do wonders on my leather seats.
    I applied it to the passenger seat first and all I could muster was 'wow!' I hand applied it and rubbed it in to the seat then wiped the excess of with a soft cloth.
    So, lesson learned; I don't need to buy all those expensive, fancy leather moisturizing products for the car anymore, just a container of good ol' cocoa butter!

Edit: I forgot to mention that I also used it on the shifter and e-brake boot as well. It sure did work wonders on them. Just had to share this awesome find!

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk Pro
    Using Tapatalk

Pics please

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Interesting find for you leather users out there.

Murderers. #teamalcantara

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    In the market for an E90 M3

I'll get pics tomorrow when the sun is back to work

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk Pro
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 04330i View Post

Edit: I forgot to mention that I also used it on the shifter and e-brake boot as well. It sure did work wonders on them. Just had to share this awesome find!
    Not on Alcantara, right?

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

Along those lines, peanut oil makes the black trim around the car stay black for a long time.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Ehhh peanut oul .... mmmmm dr.leather wipes, I heard was good

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

While we are on the topic of treating the leather. What are you guys using to clean it? Mine is in dire need of some good cleaning and treating. I will def check out this cocoa butter thing :

I think Leatherique is the go to.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    I think Leatherique is the go to.
    Leatherique huh? I will has 2 investigate. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast