Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsRichieRich View Post
    So obviously it will adjust horizontally but does it go vertically as well?
    Correct - power/manual adjustment is forwards/back. Vertical adjustment & tilt is through the screws for side-mount, so it's not actively adjustable while driving, but you set that during installation
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

I didn’t like the seat on my Snap On stool

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post

I didn’t like the seat on my Snap On stool
    Ha, that's awesome!

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    No problem at all - let's take this to the aftermarket seat thread. Currently at the track but I will respond there later tonight

Discussion moved

Discussion moved

Alright - so to answer your question from the other thread, you can buy the harness off Ebay. The part number you posted has the main power connector for the seat, actually one of the Ebay listings has it shown here:

However that harness does not appear to have the required X1469 (motor) connector:

Pic of my harness with the motor connector (4-flat circular pins on the left):

Had a quick look on realOEM and couldn't find anything - but from TIS it seems the X1469 connector goes from the motor to the seat adjuster controls, which I guess is a separate harness. But if you have to buy these entire seat harnesses just for the 2 connectors... quite pricey. If you can't get to a junkyard or have another way of getting the connectors here's 2 options that you can use:

1) Cut the seat harness, and crimp an intermediate connector to the wires such that you get a pigtail you can use for your new seat, but if you want to reinstall the stock seat you can have the mating connector on that and just plug in, rather than having to re-solder.

2) The power connector really just houses 2 male spade connectors in a fancy plastic housing, that then gets clipped into that giant yellow connector housing for the seat. You can probably get away with just crimping 2 male spade connectors, just need to find a way to prevent them from pulling out of the mating female side on the car harness. I guess you could either do more digging to source the motor connector, or just solder to the 2 wires.

So I found this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/FRONT-SEAT-...-127632-2357-0

It looks like it has that 4 pin connector, but it shows ‘99-‘p3. I wonder if that will work? Guessing game at this point…

Do you have a picture of the OEM wiring so I can see what it looks like? That way I know what to cut too.
    I’ll see if there’s a local salvage yard with some seats. I prefer not to cut my setup as I want to switch back if need be.

So I found this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/FRONT-SEAT-...-127632-2357-0

It looks like it has that 4 pin connector, but it shows ‘99-‘p3. I wonder if that will work? Guessing game at this point…

Do you have a picture of the OEM wiring so I can see what it looks like? That way I know what to cut too.
    I’ll see if there’s a local salvage yard with some seats. I prefer not to cut my setup as I want to switch back if need be.
    Yo, that might work! Looks to have both the 4-flat motor connector and the main power connector. You can probably ask the seller for more pics just to be sure.

Unfortunately I don't have a pic of the OE harness. The motor connector pigtail came with my mount setup (which I bought used) and member @Archbid was such a gentlemen to supply me with the main power connector pigtail.

Thanks again Tim! Got everything ordered up but the belt harness.

Looking forward to installing these seats!

Thanks again Tim! Got everything ordered up but the belt harness.

Looking forward to installing these seats!
    Cool no problem, keep me posted how it goes!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234