Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Those Sportsters

Sent from my iPad

I was amazed at how comfortable the sportsters were. They are a great bridge between awesome road feel/driving experience in a street car that makes it to autox or track.

Quote Originally Posted by webster View Post
    Damn Charlie...those seats in your buddy's M3 are sick!
    Yeah...my friend Brian doesn't mess around when it comes to his ///M. He even recently did an SMG to 6MT conversion and did it right.

After helping Brian install his Recaros I'm looking to do the same thing but in black with carbon backshells. But right now getting the CSL roof panel is higher on my list

Bumping an old thread. Anyone got pictures of their seat setup?

Ooooooo I didn't know this was a thing

Sparco Pro 2000 on Brey Krause power slider:

Initial reactions: mixed, but I knew what I signed up for. Ingress/egress is a bit of a PITA, but once you’re in there, you’re snug – taking any sort of curve at speed is intoxicating now because it’s just you needing to man the wheel, no need to use it to hang on tight. And you can feel so much more of the car, the sensitivity of my ass-sensor has been dialed up to 11. Seating position is much lower, which felt weird initially, and isn’t as practical when you’re parking or getting near curbs. I also wished the steering wheel went lower to match, but the gearstick is now higher up relative to me, and comes to the hand easier.

After another 1.5 hours of driving on the highway l I was fully settled in and loving it – I could definitely do a much longer stint in the seat with no problem, and the higher steering wasn’t as much of a bother.
    Last edited by t.er; 05-05-2021 at 11:54 AM. Reason: got some better pics
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

For those that gone with aftermarket seats, how did you guys address the airbag light?

Going to be getting some seats ordered soon and would like to address this when it comes time to installing.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsRichieRich View Post
    For those that gone with aftermarket seats, how did you guys address the airbag light?

Going to be getting some seats ordered soon and would like to address this when it comes time to installing.
    I've only swapped the driver's seat, so there isn't an airbag occupancy sensor, just the pre-tensioner. If you re-use the pre-tensioner with an aftermarket seat, you don't have to code it out. But it's pretty simple, I just used PA-Soft and unchecked a couple boxes in one of the modules, only took like 10 mins - I think there was a box for the seat belt being plugged in, and a box for the pre-tensioner itself.

You can also use NCSExpert but I use PASoft as it's a lot more user-friendly.

Can't really comment on the airbag occupancy sensor for the passenger's side but I can't imagine it's much more difficult

EDIT: I found the picture I referenced from E46F and copied it below (so sorry for poor quality). But I believe I unchecked what is highlighted, and (don't quote me on this) but the red circled might be the airbag occupancy

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    I've only swapped the driver's seat, so there isn't an airbag occupancy sensor, just the pre-tensioner. If you re-use the pre-tensioner with an aftermarket seat, you don't have to code it out. But it's pretty simple, I just used PA-Soft and unchecked a couple boxes in one of the modules, only took like 10 mins - I think there was a box for the seat belt being plugged in, and a box for the pre-tensioner itself.

You can also use NCSExpert but I use PASoft as it's a lot more user-friendly.

Can't really comment on the airbag occupancy sensor for the passenger's side but I can't imagine it's much more difficult

EDIT: I found the picture I referenced from E46F and copied it below (so sorry for poor quality). But I believe I unchecked what is highlighted, and (don't quote me on this) but the red circled might be the airbag occupancy

Noted, I greatly appreciate the response.

How do you like the Brey Krause power seat sliders? I was planning to go the traditional manual route but these power sliders are the same cost.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsRichieRich View Post
    Noted, I greatly appreciate the response.

How do you like the Brey Krause power seat sliders? I was planning to go the traditional manual route but these power sliders are the same cost.
    BK in my opinion is the best, most optimized seat mount you can get - you don't have to deal with a platform specific adapter plate -> generic sliders & side-mounts. I don't have first-hand experience with aftermarket sliders but from what I've read online, have a ton of play and aren't very stiff. Since the BK mounts reuse factory manual or power sliders, it'll be just like your stock seats and the mechanism will have pretty much no play

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    BK in my opinion is the best, most optimized seat mount you can get - you don't have to deal with a platform specific adapter plate -> generic sliders & side-mounts. I don't have first-hand experience with aftermarket sliders but from what I've read online, have a ton of play and aren't very stiff. Since the BK mounts reuse factory manual or power sliders, it'll be just like your stock seats and the mechanism will have pretty much no play
    So obviously it will adjust horizontally but does it go vertically as well?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast