Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    wait - vas, you mean just foam the car as it sits, then rinse off and dry? that's it?
    I wouldn't recommend doing this at all. The foam loosens the dirt/dust/pollen, and will help get some (if it's dirt or road film) or most (if it's dust or pollen and the car hasn't gotten wet at all with that on there) of it off. However, even in the best case it's unlikely that it's leaving a clean enough surface to dry without putting swirls/scratches in the paint.

The goal is to have the cleanest possible surface before using the two-bucket wash. Spraying your car down first would be the most basic; soaking with a foam gun, waiting a few minutes and rinsing would be the next; and soaking with a foam cannon the best. After any of these, you would still want to follow with a very soapy two-bucket wash and rinse down before drying with a MF towel; many also use a spray detailer to help lubricate the surface while drying.

Two months ago this would have been overkill for me, but now with the fresh swirl-free paint I will be doing my best to keep it that way!!
    orange260z

2009 Porsche Carrera S Coupe PDK/Sport Chrono Plus - Porsche Racing Green / Sand Beige Full Leather
    1999 Miata - Brilliant Black/Tan Leather

Quote Originally Posted by orange260z View Post
    I wouldn't recommend doing this at all. The foam loosens the dirt/dust/pollen, and will help get some (if it's dirt or road film) or most (if it's dust or pollen and the car hasn't gotten wet at all with that on there) of it off. However, even in the best case it's unlikely that it's leaving a clean enough surface to dry without putting swirls/scratches in the paint.

The goal is to have the cleanest possible surface before using the two-bucket wash. Spraying your car down first would be the most basic; soaking with a foam gun, waiting a few minutes and rinsing would be the next; and soaking with a foam cannon the best. After any of these, you would still want to follow with a very soapy two-bucket wash and rinse down before drying with a MF towel; many also use a spray detailer to help lubricate the surface while drying.

Two months ago this would have been overkill for me, but now with the fresh swirl-free paint I will be doing my best to keep it that way!!
    Can't really do this during the winter months. I use auto finesse which is made for this job.

Warmer weather then yeah a two bucket wash before drying the car.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234