Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BSW Products

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    = 2 purses.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    I don't recognize the thread, but be thankful she doesn't have expensive tastes in purses. The Hermes Kelly in red crocodile skin starts at $21,000 (or did a few years back, when last I priced Hermes purses). It's TDF in red...sigh...

It's also the only purse I know of that costs enough to feed a small country, and also the only one for which I've ever seen a CPO market...really (but hey, it comes with its own clochette and sleeper)!

I just double-checked: some basic black Kellys are available BNIB for $1100-$1300. Buy her one of these, and she'll have no choice but to okay your speakers!

I'm resurrecting this thread because I installed the full BSW package about 1.5 years ago. There was some minor modifications for installing the little mid ranges in the doors if I remember right. everything else was a direct replacement. The kit came with a good amount of dynamat which I completely covered the speaker area of the front doors as this area really vibrates at certain frequencies.

When I first powered them up, I was very disappointed as the bass actually seemed no better or actually worse and the highs seemed overbearing. That being said, after a couple of weeks of really hammering them, they broke in pretty good. I'm now pretty happy with them. I can really get some good pounding bass out of the system. and by backing down the high end, it killed some of the shrillness.

The only problem is that the package shelf in the back vibrates like a Mo Fo at certain frequencies and it is really annoying.

Everybody knows that the rear speakers and the front door speakers are identical, right?

For those of you going to the meet, bring your favorite tunes and ask me to check them out. I have an AUX jack so, if you have an iPod, we can do that too.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    I'm resurrecting this thread because I installed the full BSW package about 1.5 years ago. There was some minor modifications for installing the little mid ranges in the doors if I remember right. everything else was a direct replacement. The kit came with a good amount of dynamat which I completely covered the speaker area of the front doors as this area really vibrates at certain frequencies.

When I first powered them up, I was very disappointed as the bass actually seemed no better or actually worse and the highs seemed overbearing. That being said, after a couple of weeks of really hammering them, they broke in pretty good. I'm now pretty happy with them. I can really get some good pounding bass out of the system. and by backing down the high end, it killed some of the shrillness.

The only problem is that the package shelf in the back vibrates like a Mo Fo at certain frequencies and it is really annoying.

Everybody knows that the rear speakers and the front door speakers are identical, right?

For those of you going to the meet, bring your favorite tunes and ask me to check them out. I have an AUX jack so, if you have an iPod, we can do that too.
    Great info.

Strongly considering going BSW this summer.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Like I said feel free to crank em up at the meet. I do all the time... If only I could get rid of the annoying vibration in the package tray, all would be good...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Like I said feel free to crank em up at the meet. I do all the time... If only I could get rid of the annoying vibration in the package tray, all would be good...
    Appreciate that. Will definitely take you up on it.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Would love to hear them live... too bad I won't be there. I've been seriously contemplating that upgrade for a long time. Thanks for the review.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

spencers Guest
    Look into doing the "bolt mod." I did it and it solved the rattling that was caused by the HK subs.

3/8" diameter hex bolt threaded all the way 3" inches long, and a 3/8" nut.
    It threads through the hole that is exposed when you remove the HK subs
    Last edited by spencers; 06-02-2011 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spencers View Post
    Look into doing the "bolt mod." I did it and it solved the rattling that was caused by the HK subs.

Thanks I couldn't remeber what that was...
    H&R sport springs,

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Would love to hear them live... too bad I won't be there. I've been seriously contemplating that upgrade for a long time. Thanks for the review.
    +1

BMW Perf. Gloss Kidneys | UUC DSSR | B&M SSK | 35% tint | AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses | Tri-Color Coby Wheel | Aux Input

Quote Originally Posted by spencers View Post

When I first got my ZHP the rear subs sounded blown. I found a used set and replaced them, turns out it's the rear deck vibrating like crazy! For now I packed a few pieces of rubber foam used to line toolbox trays in between the window and the rear deck. It actually works pretty good but looks ghetto.

Found it...

"Bolt Mod"
    Last edited by WOLFN8TR; 09-09-2011 at 10:03 PM.
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast