Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Allow myself to introduce... myself.

Got the idea of selling my Mini and getting rid of car payments. Thought about what was out there that was practical and fun, decided on this.

Flew out to Kansas City this past weekend and promptly drove back to Atlanta.

• MY2003 (built July 03)
    • 122k miles
    • Silver Grey exterior / Black leather interior
    • All major maintenance taken care of, clean body, no dents, recently detailed
    • 18x9 Forgestar F14 square setup
    • BC Racing coilovers
    • Depo clear rear tail lights and front turn signals
    • Front headlights retrofitted with Infiniti projectors, factory xenon headlights

Plan is to possibly sell the coilovers and replace with a Koni FSD/Eibach combo or something similar. Wheels will probably stay for the time being. No other real plans to modify it. Maybe some requisite angel eyes.

Now, I have a few questions...

Is it impossible to turn the rear defroster on without also turning on the HVAC system?

What is that little clear dot on the headlight switch? Also, how hard is it to convert to auto-headlights?

How hard is it to replace the center console pieces? Mine have some wear and scratches on them.

Is there a replacement piece on there that replaces the ashtray and removes all the extra openings?

How difficult is it to replace the A and B pillar trim pieces? The cloth is wrinkling and separating some. Is it possible to repair them rather than replace?

The car looks great! Time to head over to the DIY section. A lot to be found there. WRT to the A-pillar, yours looks pretty good actually. You can buy a replacement if it bugs you too much.

Welcome. Great looking car. The center console pieces are not hard to replace at all. For example, the cup holders just pop straight out. Some pieces have a few screws, etc, but again, not difficult.

As far as the ashtray, I replaced mine with a spec dock, which is an ipod holder. Not sure what else would go there. An example:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...od-Integration
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Is it impossible to turn the rear defroster on without also turning on the HVAC system?

Yes.

What is that little clear dot on the headlight switch? Also, how hard is it to convert to auto-headlights?

I thought it controlled the light in the cabin (map light and such). Definetely not positive though.

Is there a replacement piece on there that replaces the ashtray and removes all the extra openings?

I believe you can get the "smokers delete" package.

Maybe

I'm not sure which model this is for.

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/Site...moker/ES82347/

How difficult is it to replace the A and B pillar trim pieces? The cloth is wrinkling and separating some. Is it possible to repair them rather than replace?

It's not difficult at all. They CAN be repaired, but I really recommend replacing as they never come out perfect.

Welcome
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post

Yes.

Welcome
    Alright, how?

No. It IS impossible. It is NOT possible.

The friendliest forum on the planet.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    No. It IS impossible. It is NOT possible.

D'oh! Totally misread that. WTF BMW?

I think it's correct. Defrost temp needs to be maintained (climate controlled) to efficiently defrost in different weather and humidity conditions.

Welcome Great looking whip

sent by new technology DA

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast