Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post your Valentine1 Settings

The Valetine1 is a wonderful radar detector. In its default setting, it catches just about everything. Unfortunately this creates false alarms and reduces the effectiveness of the tool. In my area, there is a K-band drone shooting out every 4-5 poles on I-280. What is a radar detector usefulness if it keeps giving me false alarms?

Fortunately the V1 does have the ability to be reprogrammed to the driver's specifications. Valentine has a PDF that shows how to enable the programming mode below:
    http://www.valentine1.com/v1info/pdf...-REVforPDF.pdf

I've fiddled around with multiple settings and landed on this setup for the time being. It seems to detect most California Highway Patrols if their radar is on. It is on point when I am on the I-5 heading down to LA without being too intrusive with the K-band. CHP officers use the KA band so these settings are to tone down the K-Band which has numerous false alarms.

Here are my settings for San Francisco Bay Area:

It mutes K band for 30 seconds unless its above 4 dots.
    It unmutes at 6 dots for K-band instantly.
    Mutes rear K-Band

Big L mode will not have visual or audio alerts K band till its past 4 dots.
    Little L mode will have visual alerts and muted audio volume until 4 dots where it unmutes.
    A will use it like it is not programmed

Instructions:

Code:
    1.Go to programming mode in the v1.
    2.go to option 7, then make sure the arrow is pointed DOWN. (it is pointed UP as default from VR)
    3.go to option b next, make sure arrow is pointed DOWN.
    4.go to option C next, make sure arrow is pointed UP.
    5.go to option d next, make sure arrow is pointed UP.
    6.go to option E next, make sure arrow is pointed UP (default).
    7.go to option F next, make sure arrow is pointed UP (default).
    8.go to option G, make sure arrow is pointed DOWN.

Feel free to post other V1 setups! The default setting is always available with A mode, but it is nice to have custom setup to stop the V1 from crying wolf!
    Last edited by derbo; 05-27-2014 at 09:47 AM.

I had no idea, thanks for posting.

sent from a galaxy
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    I had no idea, thanks for posting.

sent from a galaxy

I believe most radar detectors have programmable settings to minimize false alarms in your specific area. I've read that in Socal, a lot of cops use K-band radar and there are alot of drones near 101 ventura. I think the setup I have is pretty good for minimizing false alarms. I usually leave it in Little L mode so i can see the K-band visual alerts without hearing the crazy beeping. This will at least keep me alert for CHP.

X-band is mainly automatically doors so its also safe to turn off.

Not that any of us speeds or anything..

VA resident here...what is this fancy valentine's day coding going on here??

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NoVAphotog View Post
    VA resident here...what is this fancy valentine's day coding going on here??
    The one state in the nation that can't take advantage of radar detectors (legally). :-(

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    The one state in the nation that can't take advantage of radar detectors (legally). :-(

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.
    Pretty sure radars are illegal in CA, as well.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    In the market for an E90 M3

Quote Originally Posted by Avetiso View Post
    Pretty sure radars are illegal in CA, as well.

Sorry Dario, that's wrong information.

States Where Radar Detectors Are Illegal
    The Communications Act of 1934 made owning a radar detector legal and made it against the law for authorities to destroy the device now that it is considered personal property. However, two areas on the East Coast strictly prohibit radar detectors: the state of Virginia and Washington D.C. No way around it - if you're caught with a radar detector in either place, you will be ticketed and have the device taken away from you unless a judge decides otherwise. How will they know you have a radar detector? Because the patrolmen are all using radar detector detectors and unless you have an absolute top-of-the-line radar detector that masks its signal, they'll know you're breaking the law.
    Radar and Laser Jammers are illegal in CA though.

States Where Radar Jammers and Laser Jammers Are Illegal
    In the United States, radar jammers are illegal under federal law. Using a radar jammer could lead to you being charged with a felony, fined, and sent to jail in every single state. Laser jammers, on the other hand, aren't specifically banned. Radar jammers get jammed up with FCC regulations because they send out unregulated radio waves, but laser jammers don't cause nearly the same disruption to police equipment because they emit only a beam of light. Sounds like a technicality? It is. Laser jammers haven't yet been banned by federal law but there are several states which have rallied against its use. The following states have laws in place against the use or ownership of a laser jammer:
    California
    Colorado
    Illinois
    Minnesota
    Nebraska
    Oklahoma
    South Carolina
    Tennessee
    Texas
    Utah
    Virginia
    Washington D.C.

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    Sorry Dario, that's wrong information.

Radar and Laser Jammers are illegal in CA though.
    Oh okay. Thanks for clarifying.

In the market for an E90 M3

No problem

Now go get a radar detector for a false sense of security!

Agree. Not foolproof by any means, but I like 'em for peace of mind, some notification, and sometimes a speed reminder. Plus, they have saved me before - not that I ever speed.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast