Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need some advice

I am not a prolific poster but read a lot and I am now at the point with the vert to do some cosmetic work. I am going to get the rims refurbished and I need some family help. Usually I am a stock looking kind of car person, in my youth I had a 68 Z28, looked stock but under the hood was a different story, with the ZHP I am really considering powder coating the rims gun metal and would like some feedback on that, in the end it will be my choice but I value your comments.

Thank you.

Ayan (orange260z) had his done in gunmetal. Came out superb.
    Alex'16 Melbourne Red 328d Touring
    M Sport + M Performance Package

Gone, but not forgotten: '03 Imola Red 330i ZHP - 6MT

Typically I prefer contrast between body color and wheel but gunmetal against black would look pretty damn good. Nice and subtle.
    2016 F16 Xdrive 35i Space Gray over Ivory
    2005 E46 ZHP Convertible Monaco Blue over Natural Brown: aFe Stage I Intake, Turner Strut Tower Brace, H&R Touring Cup Kit, Yellow Fogs, Factory iPod interface. And lots o' maintenance stuff done.

Whatever color you're considering I vote for Plasti Dip them first. Just takes a couple hours and after a couple weeks, if you still like it powder coat them. If not, try another color.
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon
    Sapphire Black / Black Leather / Black Cube

Quote Originally Posted by wsmeyer View Post
    Whatever color you're considering I vote for Plasti Dip them first. Just takes a couple hours and after a couple weeks, if you still like it powder coat them. If not, try another color.
    Not a bad idea

Good idea William, as long as it's temporary. And yes, I think gun metal would look good on black.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

In my signature, I have anthracite on orient blue. It's a similar contrast. Check it out if you want.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    In the market for an E90 M3

My sig still has my anthracite plasti dip. Imo the best way to do anthracite with plasti dip is to give the wheels a black base, and spray silver metallizer over that.
    -Dimitri; 19

98 Dakar Yellow M3
    Recaro - Ground Control - Macht Schnell - AP - Mashaw - UUC - Schroth - Apex - TMS

Quote Originally Posted by alexandre View Post
    Ayan (orange260z) had his done in gunmetal. Came out superb.
    +1

Thanks guys, I like the plasti dip option so I can really see if the look will work for me without commiting so hey that is good. Avetiso love that look.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast