Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    That car has been for sale in Houston on craigslist for months and months. It has issues, and it's salvage. I'd stay far away from the thing.

Sean posted sage advice

That's why I got my ZHP to take over daily driver duties while I have my ///M for summer cruises and road trips

Cost of maintenance is higher with the ///M...something to keep in mind.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Sean posted sage advice

That's why I got my ZHP to take over daily driver duties while I have my ///M for summer cruises and road trips

Cost of maintenance is higher with the ///M...something to keep in mind.

I have a car to perform my daily driver duties. It's been discouraging looking at cars. How scary can higher milage cars be if the maintenance is up to date. I found one at a dealer in the 14k range, but has 166,000 miles!

My 7 year itch.

Mods: BimmerBrakes Headers, Magnaflow full system, BYS Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Racing Dynamics Intake, Dinan Throttle Body, Bavarian Auto Short Shifter, ECS Tuning Strut Bar, Projector Fogs, Blackout Grilles, Euro Smoked Tail Lights, Black Corner Lights.

Upcoming: Coil Overs, Sway Bars, Polyurethane Bushings all around, M3 motor mounts

Quote Originally Posted by mbeckel View Post

Here's one that I found

Sent from in the bushes
    Eh I would wait for a better one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP A08
    Dinan Stage 1
    ~ Garry Murphy

If you find a car that you like at www.Group1auto.com, I work for them as a service tech at a Houston dealership. I can give discounts on some cars that they sell.

Quote Originally Posted by mbeckel View Post
    I have a car to perform my daily driver duties. It's been discouraging looking at cars. How scary can higher milage cars be if the maintenance is up to date. I found one at a dealer in the 14k range, but has 166,000 miles!
    Mileage is just a number if the car has been properly maintained and not abused. I don't consider it scary at all to drive a high mileage ///M (I have one) and take it on a long distance road trip.

In fact, I'm doing that right now

The point being...research the car's maintenance history. If you can't then either pass on the car or get it knowing you'll be pouring $$$$$ into the car to fully sort it out. Sometimes it's half the fun to get a car to make a nice build project out of it.

I have done this (see project thread) and have found it rewarding

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Mileage is just a number if the car has been properly maintained and not abused. I don't consider it scary at all to drive a high mileage ///M (I have one) and take it on a long distance road trip.

In fact, I'm doing that right now

The point being...research the car's maintenance history. If you can't then either pass on the car or get it knowing you'll be pouring $$$$$ into the car to fully sort it out. Sometimes it's half the fun to get a car to make a nice build project out of it.

I have done this (see project thread) and have found it rewarding

+1
    I would take any car with high mileage over a lower mileage equivalent with no history.

2005 BMW 330i ZHP A08
    Dinan Stage 1
    ~ Garry Murphy

I bought a high mileage ZHP (RIP) with good results. I am driving a high mileage C55 AMG now with good results. Look at the service history and budget for maintenance items such as brake, tires, cooling upgrades, shocks/struts, etc and factor that maintenance into your decision (and price!).

Thank you fellas! This will really help me in my search

Sent from in the bushes

My 7 year itch.

Mods: BimmerBrakes Headers, Magnaflow full system, BYS Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Racing Dynamics Intake, Dinan Throttle Body, Bavarian Auto Short Shifter, ECS Tuning Strut Bar, Projector Fogs, Blackout Grilles, Euro Smoked Tail Lights, Black Corner Lights.

Upcoming: Coil Overs, Sway Bars, Polyurethane Bushings all around, M3 motor mounts

Quote Originally Posted by gmurphy View Post
    Eh I would wait for a better one.

+1. Imo wait for a one owner with a clean title and complete maintenance records.
    -Dimitri; 19

98 Dakar Yellow M3
    Recaro - Ground Control - Macht Schnell - AP - Mashaw - UUC - Schroth - Apex - TMS

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast