Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

BMW of Fairfax - Ordering Parts Online

I am really glad that I discovered their online parts counter. I saved over $85 on my order today compared to what I would have spent at other online retailers. Their prices weren't the best on all the parts I was looking for, so I will be buying some other items elsewhere.

But, for OEM nuts, bolts and a lot of other BMW parts (light bulbs, motor oil, etc...) I can't find a better price online. They have a 20% discount on everything if you order online.

I ordered the low-viscosity brake fluid. Not ten minutes after I placed my order, a gentleman from BMW of Fairfax called me to inform me that they were no longer selling that and would be returning the money to me via PayPal.

He also informed me that if some of the parts weren't in stock, he'd send them overnight when they were back in stock.

I can't speak to their sales or service that actually takes place at the dealership. But, one of my friends who takes his BMW there has told me that they can afford to offer parts at a discount since they charged him so much to work on his car.

I will definitely be returning to price check and buy parts from them in the future.

The only negative is that the website isn't the easiest to use. So, I recommend that you find exactly the part and part no. you are looking for on a different website and then just plug in the part no. when you order.

BMW of Fairfax - Parts Online
    2003 Mystic Blue 330i ZHP 6 MT

born in germany | delivered to baltimore | spent time in texas | resides in utah
    aFe ProDry S Air Filter | Dinan Stage 1 Software | H&R 27mm Front Sway Bar
    Bridgestone RE760 | StopTech Street Performance Pads
    BMW OEM Clear Corners & Side Markers | Ziza LED Light Kit | AL Bi-Xenon Retrofit | BSW Soundplicity iPod Integration

Quote Originally Posted by quikryptonite View Post
    I am really glad that I discovered their online parts counter. I saved over $85 on my order today compared to what I would have spent at other online retailers. Their prices weren't the best on all the parts I was looking for, so I will be buying some other items elsewhere.

But, for OEM nuts, bolts and a lot of other BMW parts (light bulbs, motor oil, etc...) I can't find a better price online. They have a 20% discount on everything if you order online.

I ordered the low-viscosity brake fluid. Not ten minutes after I placed my order, a gentleman from BMW of Fairfax called me to inform me that they were no longer selling that and would be returning the money to me via PayPal.

He also informed me that if some of the parts weren't in stock, he'd send them overnight when they were back in stock.

I can't speak to their sales or service that actually takes place at the dealership. But, one of my friends who takes his BMW there has told me that they can afford to offer parts at a discount since they charged him so much to work on his car.

I will definitely be returning to price check and buy parts from them in the future.

The only negative is that the website isn't the easiest to use. So, I recommend that you find exactly the part and part no. you are looking for on a different website and then just plug in the part no. when you order.

BMW of Fairfax - Parts Online
    +1...right around the corner from me. That discount for online orders plus in-store pickup has been nice.

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

+1 and the $9 flat rate shipping. (Next time ask for the Bruce discount! --jk, but he is on a first name basis with the parts counter staff

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

Its like Norm at Cheers when I walk in there, lol. Normally I order my parts online and then my wife picks it up since she works nearby, Dewain, Richard, & Jose all carry the parts to the car for her. I buy most all my parts there, yes they're sometimes (but not often) pricier on a couple of things but for the most part they are low. On the rare occasion I find someone who is cheaper, they just tell me to send them the proof via email and then they match or beat the price if they can. So far, they've never not been able to match/beat a price. And if you call there, feel free to drop my name, they do know me and accommodate that I'm an enthusiast, they'll likely then treat you the same way.
    Bruce

Bruce
    21 GMC Sierra - mine
    16 X5 M-Sport - wife
    11 M3 - 1st son
    04 Tundra - 2nd son
    17 X1 M-Sport - daughter

Former (mo/yr sold):
    15 335xi M-Sport (8/18)
    11 335is (8/17)
    11 X5 AW/blk (11/15)
    04 330xi blk/gray (7/15)
    06 ZHP SGM/blk (6/15)
    08 335xi blue/blk (4/15)
    04 ZHPci MB/blk (2/14)
    04 ZHPcic IR/Alc (10/13)
    01 540iT anthra/blk (7/13)
    04 ZHPci TIAG/blk (9/12)
    03 540i M-Sport (9/12)
    01 325ci (3/12)
    02 325iT 5MT (10/11)
    05 ZHPci (7/11)
    03 330cic (2/11)
    00 323ci (10/10)

Didn't mention this last night as the pucker factor was high. Yesterday my wife called, her 2011 x5 was on the side of the road, she said it felt like the brakes were stuck on & when she moved forward there was a noise. Her description of the lead up to this -- taking a left turn from a stop light, midway through the intersection there's a loud bang noise, she thought she ran over something, pulls off the road onto a service road to check. Her quick inspection finds nothing hanging from underneath the car, no flat tires, nothing out in the road that she ran over, she jumps back in to go. That's when she called to tell me it revs up fine in park but once in gear it doesn't want to go, makes a weird metallic clicking noise and feels like the brakes are stuck on. Call a tow truck & have it hauled to Fairfax BMW since she's only 2 miles away.

Today the service advisor calls me, tells me one of the front axles exploded, the loud clicking my wife heard was it shredding itself inside the CV boot. The car is right at 60K miles so no warranty to cover it, estimate of the repair is about $1500 but he has good news. The mechanic found a recall for some axle retaining clip, he believes that failed and they'll use that to cover this repair. New axle being installed today, my cost will be $0, however the service advisor asked if I could throw the mechanic a bone and allow him to make some labor off me doing part of the Service II Inspection that's due now. I told him sure, the mechanic is going to change the transfer case fluid since it has an internal reset that requires a special tool and a coolant flush as they're running a special price on that right now. And then I ordered the rest of the Service II Inspection stuff online to get the 20% discount on parts.

Like the fact that they recognize I'm a regular and repeat customer, and even though I don't use the service side that often they do remember I buy almost all my parts there and found a way for BMW N.A. To cover this repair.

Bruce
    21 GMC Sierra - mine
    16 X5 M-Sport - wife
    11 M3 - 1st son
    04 Tundra - 2nd son
    17 X1 M-Sport - daughter

Former (mo/yr sold):
    15 335xi M-Sport (8/18)
    11 335is (8/17)
    11 X5 AW/blk (11/15)
    04 330xi blk/gray (7/15)
    06 ZHP SGM/blk (6/15)
    08 335xi blue/blk (4/15)
    04 ZHPci MB/blk (2/14)
    04 ZHPcic IR/Alc (10/13)
    01 540iT anthra/blk (7/13)
    04 ZHPci TIAG/blk (9/12)
    03 540i M-Sport (9/12)
    01 325ci (3/12)
    02 325iT 5MT (10/11)
    05 ZHPci (7/11)
    03 330cic (2/11)
    00 323ci (10/10)

Glad it worked out for the best and GiGi is ok. Very convenient spot if you have to break down...

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

Nice Bruce.

The friendliest forum on the planet.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim