Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    congrats! my '04 imola sedan had 108K miles when i picked it up in april and the lenses looked JUST like those. my reflector bowls were burned so i ended up doing the TRS kit and bought new lenses from khoalty - at $80/pair, it's WAY cheaper than polishing them (time + polishing kit). i'd highly recommend the entire package.

peter
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

6.6.14: New Battery today. Had a slow crank yesterday, and no start today. Battery measured 12.1v and started easily with a jump. Purchased Duralast Platinum H8-AGM.

Quick and easy fix. Love it when it is that easy.

Question for you guys-

I will doing the plugs next week, as well as fluid changes. When I looked at the car I noticed the VCG is seeping a little bit, however not anything that I would call a leak yet. Since I'm going to be in there changing the plugs, should I just add a VCG to the list? VANOS is fine and have no intention of touching that at this time.
    Thoughts?

EDIT: I convinced myself to just order the part and do it.
    Last edited by TheFinanceGuy; 06-11-2014 at 09:05 AM.
    Patrick ///04 330i ZHP///BMWCCA#465139///Jim Conforti Shark Injector///H&R Touring Cup Kit///Gruppe M Intake

I think it would be wise to do it if you can visually see it. Plus would make diagnosis of other leaks if they ever occur. Your not guessing between VCG and other sources. I'm planning on doing VCG and seals with my next oil change.

Sent from my iPhone 13

Might as well, but it is a bit of work. Plugs are very easy. Especially trying to get to the bolt nears the firewall on the low passenger's side. I had to use several different sockets and extensions. You may want a flexible joint for the ratchet. Get some RTV for the half-moons.

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Might as well, but it is a bit of work. Plugs are very easy. Especially trying to get to the bolt nears the firewall on the low passenger's side. I had to use several different sockets and extensions. You may want a flexible joint for the ratchet. Get some RTV for the half-moons.
    Having watched ElCid change his VCG (among other things) while changing the plugs on my car I will say there is a large gap of time in the two tasks to keep in mind.

Plugs are about a 2/10 while I would say the VCG is 3.5-4/10 only due to the multitude of bolts that need to removed as well as the other elements. In other words, you can be in and done with plugs in 30 min or less while I would allocate a good amount of time, 1 hr at least to the VCG just to ensure organization/review of steps.

EDIT: It's been debated on here many times, but I opted to use a little anti-seize on my plugs when I re-installed them, despite the originals coming out relatively easily I thought it was good idea to put a little on and torque to 22 lb/ft just to be safe.

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Thanks. Got all of that in the garage. Since the coil packs will be out anyway- figure I should do the VCG as well. Plus, I have the benefit of driving around another car, so I can take my time.

Quote Originally Posted by NoVAphotog View Post
    Having watched ElCid change his VCG (among other things) while changing the plugs on my car I will say there is a large gap of time in the two tasks to keep in mind.

Plugs are about a 2/10 while I would say the VCG is 3.5-4/10 only due to the multitude of bolts that need to removed as well as the other elements. In other words, you can be in and done with plugs in 30 min or less while I would allocate a good amount of time, 1 hr at least to the VCG just to ensure organization/review of steps.

EDIT: It's been debated on here many times, but I opted to use a little anti-seize on my plugs when I re-installed them, despite the originals coming out relatively easily I thought it was good idea to put a little on and torque to 22 lb/ft just to be safe.
    Yes, I found good organization to be key when doing the VCG on my E36.
    I've never used anti-seize on my plugs. I still have mixed feelings.
    Patrick ///04 330i ZHP///BMWCCA#465139///Jim Conforti Shark Injector///H&R Touring Cup Kit///Gruppe M Intake

Slow start last night. I had to finish up the fence and planting three bushes, on top of that, my daughter didn't want to go to bed.

So- all I got done was to put the ZHP up on jack stands.

Looks like my rear diff is leaking-

I'll clean it all up and reassess. It all looks to be pretty old stuff.

I need to swing by the harbor freight, since I can find a hex key bigger than 8MM. Not sure where I put them

Autozone.com
    Best thing like you said is to clean it all up and see where it is leaking from again.

Have fun with the fluids.

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast