Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by nike001 View Post
    OEM Grey will be the OE color that the car came with from the factory. No black. I had trouble telling differences as well when choosing my own wheel re-wrap. Here is my wheel now. OEM Grey with the black time stripe at the top
    This is a very nice pretty matching with black time stripe, yellow or blue looks too racy. Now I can compare two colors. Thanks !

wow that looks amazing, and $175 aint too bad either. Is this alcantara an upgraded quality from the oem E46 alcantara? I could imagine that shift know wearing out pretty fast.
    2006 MINI Cooper S SOLD
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...-MINI-Cooper-S
    2006 ZHP 330CiC

nike001 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BRGcoopahS View Post
    wow that looks amazing, and $175 aint too bad either. Is this alcantara an upgraded quality from the oem E46 alcantara? I could imagine that shift know wearing out pretty fast.
    I don't know if it's upgraded alcantara or not. Terra, (IIRC) has an OEM ZCP wheel and his feels a little bit different than mine. I did notice a difference in shift boots though. The boot from Coby seemed a lot thinner than OEM, but maybe because the OEM one had extra backing on it? Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by nike001 View Post
    I don't know if it's upgraded alcantara or not. Terra, (IIRC) has an OEM ZCP wheel and his feels a little bit different than mine. I did notice a difference in shift boots though. The boot from Coby seemed a lot thinner than OEM, but maybe because the OEM one had extra backing on it? Who knows.
    both fabrics are oem (the one with backing and non backing) the one with the backing is really made for seats to make the fabric slightly stiffer(not much stretch) the oem boots mostly have the backing probably because they use the seat material just to not have deal with 2 different fabrics(as far as ordering) when it comes to the oem Alcantara wheels about half of the ones i wrap(oem from BMW) have the backing and half have the "non'' backing the ones with the non backing are a little softer because they use a small layer of foam underneath the fabric but the ones with the backing are just glued straight onto the hard rubber wheel so those type will be stiffer.
    Mike
    http://www.cobywheel.com/images/banners/cobybanner1 copy.jpg

How do you decide whether to use the backing or non-backing fabrics? Is it random, or do you do it by request?

Sent from my iPhone 4S from Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    How do you decide whether to use the backing or non-backing fabrics? Is it random, or do you do it by request?

Sent from my iPhone 4S from Tapatalk
    i dont use it at all (except for orange/ gulf fabrics only carried the backing type) i like the stretch of the non backing so i can get the wheel covers nice and tight/ also when you cut the one with the fabric backing you can see the white edges so on wheels that is just one more issue to deal with.

Coby Wheel, just sent an email about getting my wheel + others done.......Oh yea, did I forget to mention ZHP Mafia member!

^ just remind me (at time of order) so i dont forget (will do the 10% or monthly special) whichever one works out less.
    Thanks
    Mike

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234