Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I just said screw it and didn't even bother with the motors. Manual mirrors for me. Losing the reverse tilt feature was the biggest downside, but overall I prefer the aesthetics of the m3 mirrors enough to make it justifiable.

Looks great Rob!
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by webster View Post
    I just said screw it and didn't even bother with the motors. Manual mirrors for me. Losing the reverse tilt feature was the biggest downside, but overall I prefer the aesthetics of the m3 mirrors enough to make it justifiable.

Looks great Rob!
    Hmmmm..........not a bad idea! I could probably live without motors too. I know Realoem says the ribbon cables are NLA but the number came up when I input it at TheBMWPartsStore so I put an order in and will see what happens. I'm guessing I will get a call or email saying they are NLA.

But I like your idea Webster! Gonna have to give it some more thought.

Barry

EDIT: it looks like it's a bit over $500 for a new set of primed mirrors with the glass included. Just have to add for the cost of painting. Not cheap for manual adjust mirrors but they sure do look good!

I got the mirror housings from a salvage shop for about $250. One of them was silver grey, the other was imola. It was another $60 to get the imola painted. Then I sprung for the euro aspherical mirrors@ $200 from ECS. The diy without the motor/cable transfer was super easy, plug and play. Took about 30 mins. So all told, about $500. One of my favorite mods though, really completes the car's curves. The Euro glass also completely eliminates blind spots and even allows pretty good field of vision down to the ground (to compensate for loss of reverse tilt).
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

I rocked manual mirrors after I broke my ribbon cable for almost a year until I decided to sell the car. Figured I needed to get it working for the new owner.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMaico View Post
    Hmmmm..........not a bad idea! I could probably live without motors too. I know Realoem says the ribbon cables are NLA but the number came up when I input it at TheBMWPartsStore so I put an order in and will see what happens. I'm guessing I will get a call or email saying they are NLA.

But I like your idea Webster! Gonna have to give it some more thought.

Barry

EDIT: it looks like it's a bit over $500 for a new set of primed mirrors with the glass included. Just have to add for the cost of painting. Not cheap for manual adjust mirrors but they sure do look good!
    Let us know what you come up with.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

What are the part numbers for the ribbon cables?

Tony's ZHP "Wulf" '03 Silver Gray | Valentine 1 Radar Detector| Alcantara | BMW Performance Intake | F10 M5 Knob | Auto-dim Retrofit | BMW Alarm | Performance Grilles | OEM Roof Rack | Rain Light Sensor Retrofit | Eonon D5150 Head Unit | BMW OEM Clear Lens

Looks really good Rob! I would love to do CF M3 mirrors someday, like you said, a nice compliment to the splitters.
    2011 E90 Lemans Blue/Bamboo Beige M3- Harrop Supercharged IG: lmb_zcp
    2013 F25 Alpine White/Chestnut X3 35i- Family Hauler
    2006 R53 British Racing Green/Panther Black Mini Cooper S FOR SALE! DM for details!
    Past: 2010 X5M, 2014 328d, 2003 330i ZHP, 2004 330i ZHP, 2012 X3 35i
    WTB!! 2009-2012 E91 328i Touring Contact me with info!

Thanks for the compliments everyone. Yea I'm just going to leave the motors the way they are for now... the last thing I feel like doing is a complete mirror teardown again. It sucks that the driver mirror vibrates so much but I can fix that with the mirror on the car.

I never heard the ribbon cable was available as a replacement part. I didn't spend a lot of time looking at the motor but it looked like it was permanently sandwiched between the motor halves. If anyone can think of a way to repair the ribbon cable ends, that would be great. The original connector is crimped on the ribbon but the crimps are so small it looks like it would be next to impossible to reuse them...

The shells were $200.00 from Turner and they are the complete shell not a cover. There are less expensive ones on eBay as well as covers but you never know the quality or source of some of those...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Looks sharp +1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.”
    - Jeremy Clarkson

[B] '04 TiAg Coupe Auto----->6MT swap||Angel Eyes||COBY WHEEL||Carbon diffuser, splitters||Hamann fog covers

Quote Originally Posted by JupiterBMW View Post
    Looks really good Rob! I would love to do CF M3 mirrors someday, like you said, a nice compliment to the splitters.
    I'll just come visit in July so you can drool over my Imola M3 mirrors.

Mirrors look excellent rob!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    2005 IR ZHP Alcantara 6MT l Bimmian phone mount l Khoalty Angel Eye's l Khoalty Fog's l AFE Stage 1 Intake l AFE Dynamic Air Scoop's l CDV Delete
    Besian Sealed VANOS l Flat black Kidney Grills l Magnaflow Cat-Back

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast