Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Let us know what you come up with.
    Got an e mail from them Monday morning, along with a Paypal refund, saying they tried to order from BMW but it came back as discontinued. Bummer!

Quote Originally Posted by Tnhl1989 View Post
    What are the part numbers for the ribbon cables?
    I was assuming they were #6 here......

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...92&hg=51&fg=07

Strange the link you gave has different part numbers than the one for my car.

Your CI has these for part numbers - 67138379009 67138379010
    While my car has these for part numbers - 67138379003 67138379004

I'm going to talk to my parts guys to see what are these parts exactly. Maybe we can get lucky and hopefully these are the ribbons

Tony's ZHP "Wulf" '03 Silver Gray | Valentine 1 Radar Detector| Alcantara | BMW Performance Intake | F10 M5 Knob | Auto-dim Retrofit | BMW Alarm | Performance Grilles | OEM Roof Rack | Rain Light Sensor Retrofit | Eonon D5150 Head Unit | BMW OEM Clear Lens

I had to swap out one of my CF mirror shells due to a defect.
    While I was in there I decided to replace the plastic motor adapter plate as I've noticed some vibration while driving. This time I sacrificed an aluminum clipboard. This worked out perfectly and it wasn't any harder than doing it with plastic.
    BTW Turner Motorsports had awesome customer support for the replacement
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Yea I still have to replace the driver's side adapter with aluminum too. That is the one that's vibrating... I just did the passenger side because I ready had it apart... No one looks forward to taking mirrors apart
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

I would love to cast a 3d printed mold for the adapter. I have a buddy that just finish a metal 3d printer. If you happen to have the diagram I can have him make the adapters.

Tony's ZHP "Wulf" '03 Silver Gray | Valentine 1 Radar Detector| Alcantara | BMW Performance Intake | F10 M5 Knob | Auto-dim Retrofit | BMW Alarm | Performance Grilles | OEM Roof Rack | Rain Light Sensor Retrofit | Eonon D5150 Head Unit | BMW OEM Clear Lens

Quote Originally Posted by Tnhl1989 View Post
    I would love to cast a 3d printed mold for the adapter. I have a buddy that just finish a metal 3d printer. If you happen to have the diagram I can have him make the adapters.
    This would be sooooooooo nice... my mirrors never sat right.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

The problem is that it's really hard to guess where the mirror will be centered when making the adapters So you end up egging out the mounting holes. It's a trial and error process and by the time it's done the adapter plate looks like crap.
    That being said, when I made the aluminum adapter, I was able to transfer the mounting holes pretty accurately. I wish I had made a template but its just one of those things that you just want to get over with.
    When I do my driver's side I'll make a template that all you guys can borrow...
    H&R sport springs,

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    The problem is that it's really hard to guess where the mirror will be centered when making the adapters So you end up egging out the mounting holes. It's a trial and error process and by the time it's done the adapter plate looks like crap.
    That being said, when I made the aluminum adapter, I was able to transfer the mounting holes pretty accurately. I wish I had made a template but its just one of those things that you just want to get over with.
    When I do my driver's side I'll make a template that all you guys can borrow...
    Yeah, I know how that feels...my driver's side is not perfect and that was just over two years ago....haven't gotten back to it yet...

maybe if there was a good template and I got a set made up in metal like you did Rob, I might just revisit these....

Well maybe I can get a buddy to 3d scan the internal housing and print it work the adapter built into it. Solves all the problems at once.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast