Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I got one off Amazon too. Car washes are much more fun now. But for $65, its kinda hard on the wallet for something that's so simple.

I paired mine with a Cleanforce 1800psi electric PW from Home Depot. Works fine. Gas pressure washers would be better, but electric is so convenient.
    Btw, I used Megs Gold Class and it works great. You can get the 1 gallon bottle at Costco for $12. A lot cheaper than the Chemical Guys stuff.

I just use the foam cannon w/ the garden hose. And a two bucket wash. Pressure washer would be nice, but I can't justify the price and my garage is already too full.

i hear that. i would love a pressure washer. need to find one second hand or something...

i love the foam cannon idea. seems a much more efficient way to wash a car.

peter
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

How do you justify paying $65-$70 for a nozzle and a plastic bottle that only shoots out foam? Haha j/k.

The way I look at it, each time I wash a car, I saved $10. So after 25-30 washes, the P/W and foam cannon have paid for itself.

Yup exactly and when you're doing detailing on nice cars like I'm doing now, it's vital not to induce more scratches and such during post-detailing washes which is why this is nice. Also the chemical guys soap is more expensive but makes a huge difference, especially for stripping the old waxes off and the ones that are gentle on the wax/sealant but still get the other stuff off. Worth it for me, plus some of the cheaper shampoos leave a residue that I don't like
    -Chris-

2003 ZHP Sedan - Jet Black on Sand - SOLD

Anyone have well water and use these things or wash your car at home? The house I'm buying has well water and I don't want to risk contaminating the ground water or having angry neighbors.

Quote Originally Posted by spoonerDee View Post
    Anyone have well water and use these things or wash your car at home? The house I'm buying has well water and I don't want to risk contaminating the ground water or having angry neighbors.
    Contaminating it with soap? It's not much different than washing it normally except slightly more quantity. I'd be more worried about "hard" water on the car's finish. Hopefully it isn't.

I wash with well water but I have to go over the entire car with quick detailer after every wash to keep water spots off. It's a pain in the ass.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    In the market for an E90 M3

Get a deionizing sprayer with filter cartridge!

The friendliest forum on the planet.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

You shouldn't have any issues with this. Normally the well is "tapped" into an underground spring of sorts. Here is a simple image of what the soap would have to travel through in order to get into your actual drinking water

Growing up on a well, we were more worried that we would run out of water, or that the pump would quit. Wells can be anywhere from 25 feet to 500+ feet. Deeper the well, the slower the water flow.
    Being in CT, you might consider having the water tested, as Shawn said, it will probably be hard. Not only will it leave water spots on the car, the water can actually eat through your copper piping in the house (ask me how I know). A filter is a good idea to protect against of this. ]

Back on topic....

That canon looks great! My detailer I use has one as well. I swing by if I'm too busy, or the town's water ban is in effect.
    Patrick ///04 330i ZHP///BMWCCA#465139///Jim Conforti Shark Injector///H&R Touring Cup Kit///Gruppe M Intake

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast