Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Thread: Brake pads

Brake pads

Dumb question but is there any special tools or procedures I need to change my brake pads on the zhp? I was told before that BMW's need a special tool to do brakes? Was I fed bs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    | 2004 ZHP | Coupe | SilverGrey on Grey | AFE Stage1 proDry | Shark Injector | CDV Delete | TMS Pulley Kit | UUC Trans Mount Enforcer Kit | JOM BlueLine Coilovers | 12mm Spacers Rear | BMW Gloss Kidneys | Front EuroPlate | OEM Aux
    | Bimmian Phone Mount |

All you need is (if i'm not mistaken) a Torx T45 socket, a wrench, flathead screw driver (to remove clip) and a C-clamp to compress the piston back in.

And brake pads from Ray.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

No special tool that I know of.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I use a 7mm hex socket to remove the caliper pins but assume that a T45 socket can be used instead. I found using two screwdrivers made it easier to remove the anti-rattle clip than using just one screwdriver--use one to pry clip away from center of rotor (towards edge of rotor) then 2nd to pry clip towards you away from the car. If removing rotor, also need 16mm socket (can use 5/8" instead) and 6mm hex socket and PB blaster or bit to remove rotor hold down screw.

I use a 7mm hex socket for the caliper guide pins, flat head screwdriver. 6mm hex for the rotor screw, 16mm for the caliper brackets. hammer to unloosen stuck rotors. I have a caliper reset tool that I use to reset the piston if my hand cannot do it manually.

To remove the spring clip, I put the flathead screwdriver inbetween the rotor hub and the spring clip. I move the screwdriver handle towards to spring clip to compress it and it usually pops right out.

Sweet thanks! I'll be putting my hawk hps pads on this weekend

| 2004 ZHP | Coupe | SilverGrey on Grey | AFE Stage1 proDry | Shark Injector | CDV Delete | TMS Pulley Kit | UUC Trans Mount Enforcer Kit | JOM BlueLine Coilovers | 12mm Spacers Rear | BMW Gloss Kidneys | Front EuroPlate | OEM Aux
    | Bimmian Phone Mount |

I use a pair of needle nose pliers to remove the spring clip. Fought with it on my car for a couple of tries and decided on different avenue. Plus it doesn't have a tendency to jump out using pliers.