Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Oli77 View Post
    So to recap, you spliced subwoofer output wires (from our stock amp) to the input of the kicker amp? Essentially cut the wires to the original subwoofers and directed them to kicker input. Easy!
    I spliced the wires that plug directly into the factory subwoofers. I did not splice near the HK amp on the left. The factory subwoofers actually use there own little amp. It's located on the sub box. I spliced in right before that. Green/grey wires.

18x8 CSL Wheels / Trunk Lip Spoiler / Painted rear bumper trim / Painted reflectors / Clear corners / Black headlight trim / USA Spec / LED tails / 25% tint
    LED license plate lights / Rockord Fosgate upgraded speakers / Kicker Hideaway 8" subwoofer

I dig. http://www.amazon.com/Infinity-Bassl...away+subwoofer this was going to be my move. Similar. Someone has it on this forum.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Yeah I looked at that one. After hearing what I have, I don't see any need for more bass honestly. Its dam good. Sound is subjective though. Some want the rear view mirror to shake to the point where they can't see out of it.

18x8 CSL Wheels / Trunk Lip Spoiler / Painted rear bumper trim / Painted reflectors / Clear corners / Black headlight trim / USA Spec / LED tails / 25% tint
    LED license plate lights / Rockord Fosgate upgraded speakers / Kicker Hideaway 8" subwoofer

After doing a bit of thinking, I am in fact tapped into amplified signal. I was thinning in reverse. By tapping into the green/grey, you tap into the amplified signal. The better solution would be to tap into the wires that are before those and the little amp. They are blue and red or something. I need to figure that out.

When I get a chance, I am going to change this and remove the sub box all together and relocate the new sub to the top of the trunk. Maybe thats why it sounds so good LOL.

I will edit the original post.

I can't tell if you have folding seats. If not, I have seen some subs mounted to the back of the seat.

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

Quote Originally Posted by mLuMaN83 View Post
    After doing a bit of thinking, I am in fact tapped into amplified signal. I was thinning in reverse. By tapping into the green/grey, you tap into the amplified signal. The better solution would be to tap into the wires that are before those and the little amp. They are blue and red or something. I need to figure that out.

When I get a chance, I am going to change this and remove the sub box all together and relocate the new sub to the top of the trunk. Maybe thats why it sounds so good LOL.

I will edit the original post.
    That has been my concern all along. But I bet the kicker amp is smart and can tell the difference between line level and amplified level and adjust gain accordingly.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Oli77 View Post
    That has been my concern all along. But I bet the kicker amp is smart and can tell the difference between line level and amplified level and adjust gain accordingly.
    Yeah. It sounds fine. Settings are way down low! It should be fine but I still may make the change so I can get that broken circuit board out of there and relocate the unit to the location of the old factory subs. Much better that way.

This is also helpful and describes where to splice if you are splicing from the factory amplifier.

https://audioforbmws.files.wordpress...tion-guide.pdf

The hideaway has a variable crossover so you shouldn't have to use a coil to cross it over. Feed it a full range signal and dial in the freq for your application.
    Great looking install, and the location is helping the output by loading in the corner. Be careful you don't tap into a signal that has seen a high pass crossover, then the Hideaway won't see any bass to play

Kenwood makes a similar product, a little smaller but not quite as much output

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123