Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

kerunt's three-fiddy

As some of you know I recently sold my '07 335i 6MT "snow white" and replaced it with a spawn from the dark-side (2006 Mercedes ML350), so I think a new thread is in order.

I don't anticipate doing much in terms of performance mods, but comfort/convenience and maintenance will definitely be happening.

The car is a local, single-owner vehicle. Leased, then bought-out and serviced by the same original owner at local dealerships. Unfortunately I don't have any service records, but I did speak with the local MB dealer and confirmed that the car has been well maintained. I'll try to pop by the dealer sometime soon to see whether they can give me a print-out of services done.

No accidents and the car is immaculately clean (got a very good detailing by the dealer I bought it from). Odometer reads 104,000 km (65,000 miles).

Car is very well equipped with leather/suede seats, bi-xenons, navigation, auto-folding mirrors, a whole bunch of other goodies, and my favourite, air-suspension. Air suspension lets you raise (and subsequently drop) the car 11cm (almost 4 1/2 inches) with the click of a button. It's very cool to watch the car raise itself up, level, etc. And, of course, the ride can be toggled between sport/normal/comfort with another button.

I do already miss having parking sensors, though. That option was very useful in my 335i, and I'll probably look into installing sensors into this car.

The "dream list" of mods includes:

- ipod integration kit (preferably with bluetooth)
    - rear camera or parking sensors (maybe both)
    - covering up the rear seats (dog-proofing)
    - covering up the cargo area (dog-proofing)
    - covering up some of the chrome on the grille with glossy black (will probably try plastidip)
    - iphone mount
    - ipod mount
    - radar detector hard-wire
    - dash camera hard-wire
    - purchase + hard-wire additional camera for the rear
    - LED tail lights

The purchase included 2 years of "Limited superior protection" warranty through Lubrico. I've read mixed reviews about them, but it sounds that as long as you follow their maintenance requirements (an oil change every 6 months or 10,000 km/6000 miles) and "record" the maintenance in their system, you won't have much problems with them. I'm glad to have this piece of mind.

There are brand new tires installed on very clean 19" wheels. The tires are Taiwan-special Atturo AZ800, which translates to "garbage." I'll be looking into replacing these with a Michelin set sometime soon.

That said, even with these crappy tires, I'm very impressed by the ride. I'm finding myself driving and cornering at the same speeds as I was doing in my 335i without any issues; it handles very well and tracks predictably. Haven't had any tire squeal or loss of traction yet. The acceleration is also quite nice - feels much better than the E70 3.0 si models I've driven. Power is linear and smooth - you don't feel the torque at all. The brakes are taking some time to get used to, and I might look into upgrading them in the future. The brake pads are also supposedly brand new, but if tires are any indication, they'll be garbage and should be replaced with quality ones.

Now a few photos:

This is how it looks when the car is raised:

Last edited by yura; 11-10-2014 at 10:34 PM.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    In the market for an E90 M3

It also seems to me that the tail lights are tinted - I'll have to take a closer look at them and see whether I can get them back to stock.

Quote Originally Posted by kerunt View Post
    It also seems to me that the tail lights are tinted - I'll have to take a closer look at them and see whether I can get them back to stock.
    Looks OEM to me. If I recall they are darker than other cars from the factory.

I don't fully understand the Benz trims - the GL is the smaller one, then the ML right?

Quote Originally Posted by JKO_ZHP View Post
    I don't fully understand the Benz trims - the GL is the smaller one, then the ML right?
    The smallest SUV is the GLK, which came out in 2010 (IIRC).
    The next in size is the ML (what I have), followed by the GL, which is even more enormous (third row seating, I believe).

Quote Originally Posted by Avetiso View Post
    Looks OEM to me. If I recall they are darker than other cars from the factory.

Hmm - could be!

Welcome to the dark side - 2006 Mercedes-Benz C55 AMG (my commuter that replaced the ZHP - RIP, 2007 MB E350 Sport - wife's ride) plus Daschund - another example of German Engineering!

It has been a couple weeks with the car now and I'm loving it more than ever!

I've added a few goodies:

- ProClip USA cellphone mount (had one in my 335i and loved it, this one is just as good)
    - Rear seat cover - $45 shipped and it's great
    - CanvasBack Cargo cover - $180 shipped including the rear hatch cover

I couldn't find a cargo cover that would work with the 'cargo management' option my car has (the silver tracks which allow you to re-position D-rings and other goodies), so I called CanvasBack, and after a few phone calls, emails, and diagrams, they made me a custom cover that fits perfectly, securely, covers just about every little nook and cranny, and still retains the cargo area's usability. Love it! If you need a cover for your car, I highly recommend giving them a call.

See the photos of the cargo cover at http://imgur.com/a/PxgL7.

And now for a discussion: whenever referring to my SUV, I always call it a car. Other people call their SUVs "truck." Which one is correctererer? "In my SUV" just doesn't roll off the tongue as well as "in my car" or "in my truck."

I refer to everything as "car" unless being more specific serves a purpose.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast