Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    This sucks so much but you can definitely make the insurance company do much better. When my high-mileage (164k) e46 was totaled (2000 328i, obviously not a ZHP) they initially offered $4,300, which I thought was way too low, but I sent them other listings of manual transmission cars in the same condition and argued some things. I emphasized how much work had gone into keeping the car in top shape (with receipts for parts & shop work) & the impossibility of finding an equivalent for sale that didn't need thousands of dollars of major repairs. People on e46fanatics pretty much uniformly told me that wouldn't work, but the insurance co. changed their offer to $7000.

So like everyone else on this thread who's been through it before, I'd just say to politely keep pushing and give them all of the info you can, and they'll be willing to work with you. I'm sorry this happened to you but glad you were ok!

Denny, so sorry to hear this glad you are ok.

Sorry to hear........as for the value that insurance is throwing out there, that is very different from what I got.
    When my 2005 325Ci was totaled two years ago, the other guy's insurance gave me $15,000 IIRC.
    What I do remember was that I had paid $12,000 for the car when it was at 80,000 miles. When it was totaled, it had over 120,000 miles on it.
    Maybe it's because it's a California car, the damage was terrible, or some other factor(s), but I definitely got more than I paid for the car when I first bought it.
    I had full coverage with AllState back then and the other guy had State Farm.

DenZHP, if it makes you feel any better I am bidding on your now totaled ZHP for my automatic to manual swap, I just came across this thread. It'll go to another enthusiast, so some of her will hopefully live on man. Sorry to hear about the accident, by the pictures it looked pretty bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.”
    - Jeremy Clarkson

[B] '04 TiAg Coupe Auto----->6MT swap||Angel Eyes||COBY WHEEL||Carbon diffuser, splitters||Hamann fog covers

Link to the car ? Just curious to see the damage done.

Car looks really clean. Too bad. Still alot of good parts. How much does something like go for in the auction?

Quote Originally Posted by Trans View Post
    Car looks really clean. Too bad. Still alot of good parts. How much does something like go for in the auction?
    Depends on highest bid... I call dibs!

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.”
    - Jeremy Clarkson

[B] '04 TiAg Coupe Auto----->6MT swap||Angel Eyes||COBY WHEEL||Carbon diffuser, splitters||Hamann fog covers

Lol not trying to steal it from you. Im in NorCal. I have no need for it. Dont worry. Just curious that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Trans View Post
    In Atlanta, my totaled 2005 ZHP Coupe 6MT was valued at $2900 - in other words, I could have bought my totaled ZHP for $2900 from Progressive Insurance. I was very tempted to buy my ZHP and take the parts to build a "ZHP Touring" 3 series but I did not need a long term project.

Quote Originally Posted by pilotnick1203 View Post
    DenZHP, if it makes you feel any better I am bidding on your now totaled ZHP for my automatic to manual swap, I just came across this thread. It'll go to another enthusiast, so some of her will hopefully live on man. Sorry to hear about the accident, by the pictures it looked pretty bad.

Any plans for the interior?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast