Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Side skirt damaged... Clips or replace?

Hello all, I hope you're enjoying the summer solstice!

Anyways, I went for a hike with friends today and bottomed out the car... The road was much, much worse than anything I expected. Even a late model Land Rover driver was amazed we even got to the trail head and kindly offered to lead us down since he was certain we would need the help (massive potholes, narrow 1 car road, deep water - he said he even barely made it!, rocks all over the place)...

Even with my careful driving and "impressive driving skills" (friend's words, not mine!) I did damage the left side skirt. It was really STUPID of me to take the ZHP out on a hike without being certain about the road conditions, but a close friend of mine informed me would be fine... Boy he was terribly wrong. He HAD to have been thinking of a different hike.

Now I need help, should I be looking for a replacement or are there clips I can purchase to reattach it? I'm unfamiliar with the side skirts really.

Here are a couple pics to help. I pretty much landed on a huge rock on the left side... Which popped it out a tad. Excuse the mud - looks like scratches since leaves and branches were scrapping the sides

Underside.... FML

Thanks and feel free to flame me, I still haven't forgiven myself for it.
    Fuelly

New clips and a respray. It happens, man. No big deal. Get it fixed and be on your merry way with life. No need to beat yourself up or hold out on forgiving yourself.
    In the market for an E90 M3

Thanks man, I appreciate it! I actually couldn't enjoy the hike today since this actually happened on the way up, and I just couldn't let it go. So stupid of me. I'm washing her up and if I can... Fixing it up tomorrow.
    Fuelly

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianZHP View Post
    Thanks man, I appreciate it! I actually couldn't enjoy the hike today since this actually happened on the way up, and I just couldn't let it go. So stupid of me. I'm washing her up and if I can... Fixing it up tomorrow.
    Yeah, I felt that way when I curbed my wheel on my last ZHP. Couldn't enjoy the birthday I attended. My brother kept laughing at me because I was totally zoned out the entire evening, as if I had witnessed a gruesome murder and couldn't tell anybody.

Ended up selling the car.
    In the market for an E90 M3

Hahahahaha I'd do exactly the same thing. I haven't written off any trip in the nature yet because of my car - it takes everything I throw at it. It has some battle wounds but oh well.

Have you tried just popping it back in ? You can probably buff out most of the scratches - from there you can decide if you wanna respray or just let it go.
    Alex'16 Melbourne Red 328d Touring
    M Sport + M Performance Package

Gone, but not forgotten: '03 Imola Red 330i ZHP - 6MT

I tried popping it back in and couldn't do it... I guess the clips must have broke (or their housings....).

Hahah. I was in the same mood, during the entire trip I kept quiet thinking about how the F*ck I was supposed to get down the mountain without doing more damage... I was distraught but lucky me I didn't bottom out too badly on the way back.
    Fuelly

If it was me, I would probably just replace the clips. Oh, and I would tell my friend next time we are taking his car.

I had to punch mine pretty hard all along the side to get it back in. I think I have one that won't actually pop back In though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    | 2004 ZHP | Coupe | SilverGrey on Grey | AFE Stage1 proDry | Shark Injector | CDV Delete | TMS Pulley Kit | UUC Trans Mount Enforcer Kit | JOM BlueLine Coilovers | 12mm Spacers Rear | BMW Gloss Kidneys | Front EuroPlate | OEM Aux
    | Bimmian Phone Mount |

I backed my ZHP into a 500$ Acura legend (kbb said 500). Didn't see it for some reason, I'm usually a cautious driver. It happens... We pulled the bumper resprayed it and moved on, granted it was less than a 1 mph collusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.”
    - Jeremy Clarkson

[B] '04 TiAg Coupe Auto----->6MT swap||Angel Eyes||COBY WHEEL||Carbon diffuser, splitters||Hamann fog covers