Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I know I can get a set of the Michelin Pilot Sport AS3s for $877 out the door right now at Costco.
    Would be cheaper than PSS and a winter set, although I have a winter set in my attic in 16 inch from my old GTI (225/50 16 Wintersport M3).
    Guess I'd have to find a 16 inch wheel that fit the ZHP and swap over if I were to go the summer tire route.

My DD has had the Conti DW tires and have been really happy with how quiet and refined the ride is. Sticky ultimate grip and wearing quite well.

What I hate about buying tires is that there is seemingly no 'definitive' answer, but the PSS is as close as it has come.

Comes down to pay to play I guess.

BMW CCA # 510252

Quote Originally Posted by Simmsled View Post
    My DD has had the Conti DW tires and have been really happy with how quiet and refined the ride is. Sticky ultimate grip and wearing quite well.

What I hate about buying tires is that there is seemingly no 'definitive' answer, but the PSS is as close as it has come.

Comes down to pay to play I guess.
    My E34 had Conti DW on it and I loved them. Super comfy, quiet, and refined but held that heavy car on the road well. I would get them again but I keep hearing how great PSS are and want to try them. I dont think you can go wrong with the DW though.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Quote Originally Posted by NoVAphotog View Post
    I was about to ask you what your winter setup was...and then my eyes scanned across..."Chandler, AZ." Does it get below 40-45 degrees there and/or do you swap out or just keep on rolling with the PSS no pun intended?
    Heh.. actually it gets pretty cold out here in the Phx 'burbs in the winter. Low 30's overnight is not uncommon, and it's been as low as low 20's a few times in the decade I've lived here. But it quickly warms up once the sun is up, 60s-70s is common daytime temps in the dead of winter. So I run same tires year round.

'21 M2 Competition
    '08 Z4 M Coupé
    '19 Golf R

I've been running Hankook V12 Evo on my cars lately. I used to be a long time Kumho fan, but I absolutely hate their recent Ecsta XS. For some reason, they went with an asymmetric tread design, and they also squeal like stuck pigs when driving spiritedly. I really miss the old Kumho MX, but the 'Kooks are pretty damn good especially for the price. If you're not switching summers and winters, the DWS seems to be the tire to have these days. The only thing bad I've heard about them from a couple friends is that they are a bit squirmy on dry roads when new.

For winters, I really like the Continental WinterSport 3D. They don't feel mushy like Blizzaks, and they actually feel pretty good on dry roads. I think the 4D has recently come out, but I haven't tried those yet.

One of these days I'll drop a few extra hundred on a set of PSS's to check them out. Keep in mind if you run those, you'll need a set of winters too.

OP, what do you need the tire to do? The many replies give you a wide range of responses. What's your budget? Have you decided that you will go with separate summer and winter setups or not?

For "best performing tire for non-cold environment" I agree with others and wholeheartedly recommend the PSS. Simply an outstanding tire, wet or dry. I've had mine for two years (no winters) and I am continually stunned at how well they stick, how quiet they are, and it looks like I'll get good mileage out of them.

They cost a bit more than other tires, but in my opinion, they are the best. Good luck with your decision.

What did you notice immediately that was different?
    The ride is so much smoother and very quiet at high speeds! I would never switch tires again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2004 black on black 330ci ~Mason

Quote Originally Posted by SoDelBMW View Post
    The ride is so much smoother and very quiet at high speeds! I would never switch tires again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cool, and are you going to buy a separate set of wheels and tires for the winter?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

Cool, and are you going to buy a separate set of wheels and tires for the winter?

Nevermind, saw that other pic. Lol

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

I will report though I was not satisfied with the previous set of tires that I had on both of my zhp cars. They were the Conti DWS all season.

They flat-spotted overnight when the temps dropped. Plus when they got close to the wear bars, they became noisy to the point where it was annoying to drive on them. In my opinion, a summer set of tires and a winter set is the best option.

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    Because tires should be quiet and not noisy when worn down to the wear bars. Got it

I understand the flat spotting though.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast