Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post
    Yup. Have tried the competition too (S-04, DW, Z1, etc.) and I agree 100%

The PSS is a sharper handling tire than the DW with higher cornering limits. You'll feel the difference if you like to push your car a bit; both are very good tires.

There is a replacement (evo2) that I think TireRack has.

Not very good in the snow- I bought them last year and returned them during the winter. I got stuck in 3" of snow in my driveway. I was hoping All Seasons had come far enough that I could run one tire all year, but that's not yet the case.

The DWS is far better in the snow, and the Pirelli P-Zero Nero A/S is slightly better in the snow as well.

Yes, I'm a bit of a tire whore.
    Sounds like a true summer tire and a winter set-up is the way to go then.

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    We've run Dunlop Z1 Starspec on both the ZHP and the 135. A great handling tire especially if you do Auto-X. That being said, they tramline like a MF on the ZHP but are fine on the 135. Personally I can't wait until they wear out.

We've also run the Hankook v12 on both cars. An excellent tire, quiet and good dry/wet adhesion although Kpro is starting to complain about the wet performance- but she's putting down over 400hp at the rear wheels.

We've had DSWs on our 4.8is X5 and on the MDX. As with any all season tire, there is a compromise... The relatively soft side wall as compared to the summer performance tire and we also experienced flat spotting when cold. Other than that, a great all season tire.
    Kpro ran Bridgestone Blizzaks with the stock staggered wheels on the 135 and those tires are amazing for a full blown snow tire...
    Both of our cars have staggered wheels...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345