Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 20 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Avetiso View Post
    There's this one here.
    Mileage is even worse, 122k. Probably a no-go but I'd get a lower rate because 2006 (9.49%) and it's Interlagos blue, clear bra and paint is really clean, SMG pump already replaced, etc... I'd probably offer him like 14k for it since it's been for sale for a while already. No more than that because miles.
    Charlie's car is the PERFECT example of why you shouldn't discount higher mileage cars. His car dyno'ed on the high end of the dyno scale for a relatively stock motor (just an intake) and his has damn near 160k on it!
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Maybe I'll find another ZHP.
    This what I dont understand. Your OB 6MT ZHP was the perfect car for your situation. You put a lot of work into to make it look nice and runs good. And it was already paid off. Thought you only got rid of it to invest the money. Should have kept it throughout your college years, and build some credit while you're in school. After school is done, you can go after the M3. That would be a better investment than buying a M3 now with high interest rates. Plus whatever hidden issues come with the M3.

But what's done is done. I'm glad you were able to get an loan. Just FYI about the PPI, I believe Elk Grove BMW does it for free. I know a guy took his car there for a free PPI.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Charlie's car is the PERFECT example of why you shouldn't discount higher mileage cars. His car dyno'ed on the high end of the dyno scale for a relatively stock motor (just an intake) and his has damn near 160k on it!
    I dont think the issues with having a high mileage M3 is the mechanical issues, but resale value. Resale value sucks major when you have a high mileage (150+k) performance car like a M3. If will be tough to sell unless you list it for cheap enough a poor high school kid can buy it to impress his pals.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Yes, but Charlie's case is a bit different because Charlie got there himself and he knows what the treatment was like. It is definitely proof that the car can be strong after many, many miles, however.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trans View Post
    This what I dont understand. Your OB 6MT ZHP was the perfect car for your situation. You put a lot of work into to make it look nice and runs good. And it was already paid off. Thought you only got rid of it to invest the money. Should have kept it throughout your college years, and build some credit while you're in school. After school is done, you can go after the M3. That would be a better investment than buying a M3 now with high interest rates. Plus whatever hidden issues come with the M3.

But what's done is done. I'm glad you were able to get an loan. Just FYI about the PPI, I believe Elk Grove BMW does it for free. I know a guy took his car there for a free PPI.
    I did invest some of the money already, and I actually start getting my first returns on that investment on Friday. My old ZHP was a great car, no doubt about it. I do miss it. However, I do still think it was the right thing to do in my case for a multitude of reasons, the biggest being salvage title depreciation.
    I dont think the issues with having a high mileage M3 is the mechanical issues, but resale value. Resale value sucks major when you have a high mileage (150+k) performance car like a M3. If will be tough to sell unless you list it for cheap enough a poor high school kid can buy it to impress his pals.
    Yeah, for sure. One of the things in my head.
    In the market for an E90 M3

Guy just relisted the PY M3 for 15k on CL. Hopefully he still has it in 2 weeks when I can sign a loan but we'll see.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/4589431373.html

Guy just relisted the PY M3 for 15k on CL. Hopefully he still has it in 2 weeks when I can sign a loan but we'll see.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/4589431373.html
    Maybe put down a deposit for him to hold it for you?

Maybe put down a deposit for him to hold it for you?
    He needs to refi his house and wants it gone by the end of the month. He told me to get back to him if it's still listed in two weeks but he needs to sell it quick.

Today is the 27th. Do you mean he wants to sell by end of August ?

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    Today is the 27th. Do you mean he wants to sell by end of August ?
    End of this month. My parents will be home the 7th, so that is the earliest I could buy it.

I see. Hope things work out for you.

Page 20 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast