Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I had the very same thing happen with my 325i. Wasted money and time frigging with the purge valve and tank, finally discovered the rusted out connector behind the fender liner. Once you find it, its ony a few bucks to fix. Be advised those who live in the snow belt!

I'll definitely have to check this out. I found the post where Shawn originally posted the replacement details:
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...939#post517939

Quote Originally Posted by E46Fan View Post
    I had the very same thing happen with my 325i. Wasted money and time frigging with the purge valve and tank, finally discovered the rusted out connector behind the fender liner. Once you find it, its ony a few bucks to fix. Be advised those who live in the snow belt!
    Maybe that's one part BMW should have made out of plastic! They just can't get it right

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1027 View Post
    Maybe that's one part BMW should have made out of plastic! They just can't get it right
    Agreed! Hopefully we can get the message out here and save others money and time. If your car has ever been near snow and salt, check this first.

The charcoal canister and leak diagnostic pump (sometimes called DMTL??) setup is all plastic and pretty durable, an unlikely fail point. Check out my post #45 at the link below, it includes a way to test the DMTL pump;

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...lver325&page=3

2005 330ci ZHP

Quote Originally Posted by E46Fan View Post
    Agreed! Hopefully we can get the message out here and save others money and time. If your car has ever been near snow and salt, check this first.

The charcoal canister and leak diagnostic pump (sometimes called DMTL??) setup is all plastic and pretty durable, an unlikely fail point. Check out my post #45 at the link below, it includes a way to test the DMTL pump;

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...lver325&page=3
    Yep. I️ replaced the front and rear “pumps” before I️ discovered the crapped out y-connect (doing smoke test down gas fill tube—which I’d never heard of but was will to try as smoking it from the air intake wasn’t showing any issues...).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123