Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

DME Update for the BMW E46 330 ZHP

From what I've read, there is a DME update provided by BMW to address the 4k power dip along with other problems the original ZHP tune had. My question is, is there still a ZHP "specific" software update? When I go to my indy for the update, will he know there is specific update for Performance Package 330's? Has BMW labeled a separate tune from the regular 330's for the latest updates, or is there now a generic one?

Sorry if my question is a little confusing, I was having a tough time trying to phrase it LOL

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

03 TiAg 330i ZHP
    -Alex

Great question. Could call a service adviser tomorrow....
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

that's what i was wondering; if there was any kind of software update...

There has to be. The different cams, the higher redline, VANOS....

+1.....it would have to be differentiated between ZHP and regular 330....imho.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I found this: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90586 but that only applies if you have the older version. Maybe they only updated it once or twice, and stopped supporting it?

I would think there is, but there is almost no information out there on it. Maybe ^^^ is right, they could have done a few updates then stopped supporting it, which would make sense. I couldnt see BMW engineers spending time and money to work on the software of an 8 year old car that they made little of.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

03 TiAg 330i ZHP
    -Alex

OR, with later versions of the car, the software was updated, so no new updates necessary? How would we find that out? VERY interested to hear the results of this thread. John
    Last edited by johnrando; 02-24-2011 at 09:35 AM.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I'm sure that's the case; the car never changes, so once all the kinks are worked out there's nothing new to do. It's still on my list to get done... I'm one of those who suffers from the stuttering accel at 2.8k rpm. My idle drops from time to time but hasn't completely stalled on me yet.

Zebra Horse Power - PSA: The Hypermiling Thread
    Kevin Savino-Riker
    Cogito Automation, LLC.
    I'm new at BMWs.

Are you guys' dip actually recordable? Like if you had a camera aimed at the RPMs you'd see it pause for a slight moment?
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast