Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    No.

Sent from my GS3.
    Lol. There is a work around involving an Lc2 wideband controller. I will posting a dyi sometime soon.

Sent from my iPhone 13

Quote Originally Posted by TigerTater View Post
    Lol. There is a work around involving an Lc2 wideband controller. I will posting a dyi sometime soon.

Sent from my iPhone 13
    Yes. Waiting for that :-)

Sent from my GS3.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

SOOOOOOO who has access to a GT1?

There is an option to show the variable intake position in DIS. However I am uncertain which mode is which. I believe short pipe is the mid-high range and I can see even on idle my car is on the short pipe and does not change. Anyone like to confirm?

Is that your GT1? If so, if no one else comes forward you can put it on my car since I don't have the update.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Yes that's mine. We will have to arrange a time to do it if no one else wants to try haha.

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    Yes that's mine. We will have to arrange a time to do it if no one else wants to try haha.
    no problem. FYI theres a BMW cars and coffee in the Marina tomorrow morning. I will be there.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

i wont be. got some yard work to do.

SOOOOOOO who has access to a GT1?

There is an option to show the variable intake position in DIS. However I am uncertain which mode is which. I believe short pipe is the mid-high range and I can see even on idle my car is on the short pipe and does not change. Anyone like to confirm?

Minor update on the hunt on what the DME software does:

Antone was free this evening so he drove by so we could analyze the display readings on his ZHP.

Derek's ZHP: DME PUMA update performed : idle : short pipe -> 4000rpm rev : short pipe
    Antone's ZHP: Factory DME software : idle : long pipe -> 4000rpm rev : short pipe

Notes:
    It appears my DISA valve is stuck open and doesn't even close during idle. So far these results show that the DME update may have sacrificed the DISA valve long pipes for low end torque to eliminate the 4K dip many people are complaining about.

My current conclusion with our limited data is that the DISA valve was intentionally disabled and left open to eliminate the "dip" feel. With no change in intake manifold runners, the dip would not nonexistant at the cost of low-end torque. I personally don't feel the difference in loss of torque and find it adequate for zipping around town regardless of the long or short intake runners.

It does make my GAS DISA upgrade feel like a waste of money though.

At this point, the next step is to monitor the DISA valve during normal driving with actual load, not just idling. I believe Antone's ZHP will work just like it did during idle. My ZHP will need further monitoring to log some data points to see if the DISA is indeed intentionally left open. DISA Valve tests show my DISA functions properly during tests and I swapped DISAs years ago with a BMW Tech's ZHP to confirm my DISA did operate correct. Few more data points and I think I can confirm they killed my DISA!

Thanks to Antone for taking the time to take a look at his car's DISA. We will have to hang out a little longer next time!

It does make my GAS DISA upgrade feel like a waste of money though.
    Sell your upgraded unit. Machine block off panel or buy broken disa and use a new gasket.

Sent from my GS3.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    Sell your upgraded unit. Machine block off panel or buy broken disa and use a new gasket.

Sent from my GS3.
    That is most likely what I am planning to do if the DISA is still open during normal driving conditions. I may just swap with my cousin's DISA.

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast