Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Mine's been fixed for a couple years now Trevor but what I recall was seeing the tach needle doing a slight hesitation around 4k but definitely feeling it on the "butt dyno".

Hmmm I never felt that. I did get my DME updated quite often as my best friend was a BMW tech. We'd bring the car in and update it all the time! One perk of knowing someone like that.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Full acceleration in first gear, full again in second gear. When it sweeps to the 4k range you'll feel the lag (unless yours has been fixed).

Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    Are you guys' dip actually recordable? Like if you had a camera aimed at the RPMs you'd see it pause for a slight moment?
    Yep; not only that, it's audible... it sounds and feels like I'm pumping the gas pedal as I sweep through 2800 - 3000.

If I may represent it textually/onomatopoeically, sweeping through third gear sounds like this:

BWAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrRRRrrRRrrRRrrrRRRrrr RRRRRRRRRRRRRR

.............................(2800rpms)^

Zebra Horse Power - PSA: The Hypermiling Thread
    Kevin Savino-Riker
    Cogito Automation, LLC.
    I'm new at BMWs.

OK someone take a decent video of this! I want to see/hear this for myself. My car's never felt like this ever since I bought it when it was 2 years old.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Will do. I have my CruiseCam mount in the trunk. Will hit it up on the way home from work tonight.

Kevin Savino-Riker
    Cogito Automation, LLC.
    I'm new at BMWs.

Yay for driving vids! Don't do anything your mom wouldn't do on the road. Please make sure you are a professional driver on a closed circuit course. Thank you.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

I've never felt a hesitation or dip at either 2800 or 4000, however the car did stall on me a few times as I was about to go from a stop (not because I messed up). It's like it would just lose power as I began to release the clutch. Odd.

My Project Thread
    Register Your ZHP | CoolantSnitch

2005 ZHP 6MT Mods: AFE Intake, Carbon Fiber Hood w/ M3 Bulge, Meyle HD FCAB's, Zionsville T-Stat @ 88°C, Stewart WP, BMW Perf. Rotors F+R, Oil Temp & Press. Gauges, Alcantara Wheel w/ CF Trim, Alum. Pedals + E-Brake, Black Kidney's, Aux Input, Beltronics RX-75 Pro Radar Detector, Beisan Seals + Rattle Kit, Armrest Delete, Schroth Harness, StopTech Pads, SSR Comp-H's

When I first got my car is stalled a few times at redlights. I brought it in and BMW changed the DISA and everything was ok after that. Have never had a stall every since that was done years ago. The only stalls that have happened now are when I'm tired and not thinking how smooth I need to be with that left foot and make a fool out of myself at a redlight. I always forget I need to launch at 4000 instead of 400. LOL
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    Yay for driving vids! Don't do anything your mom wouldn't do on the road. Please make sure you are a professional driver on a closed circuit course. Thank you.
    Of course I couldn't get it to happen when I tried last night. Clearly the solution to this problem is to always have a video camera mounted in the car in order to prove I have a problem... and I'll never have it again.

Getting the sound recorded might be a little tricky also - with windows or sunroof down it's too buffety in the cabin, and with the cabin sealed, well... the car's pretty quiet. I'll give it a shot again today, though.

Kevin Savino-Riker
    Cogito Automation, LLC.
    I'm new at BMWs.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast