Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

I purchased Alobi's ZHP

Just as the title says, I purchased Alobi's 2003 silver 4 door ZHP. Nice car but it does have some flaws. Buying a used car will always have a few flaws.

Here is his ad.

Took it to a shop to have an oil change and safety service completed. Also I had to drop it off to get the green sheet for Texas registration.

This is what they found:

1. Front pads and rotors will need to be replaced in the next few months. $715.00 quote.
    2. Leaking power steering hoses; reservoir to pump and reservoir to cooler. Not too bad but advised to repair in a couple of months. $445.00 quote.
    3. Differential cover is leaking. Again advised to repair in a couple of months. $900.00 quote including new fluid.
    4. Rear shocks and shock mounts not installed correctly. This car has ST V1 coilovers. I will have to look at that and see what I want to do with those rear shocks.

5. Front control arm bushings were not installed correctly. I had the shop to those along with the oil change.

Other than that it is a pretty solid car. I did though have to get an alignment late last week. The car wanted to pull to the left pretty badly.

Kept the car in the Mafia, now it is time to get these things repaired and just drive the car to work and back. Just wanted to give you all an update on the car.

Denny Z.
    2003 330i ZHP | Titanium Sliver Metallic over Grey Leather | 4 Door | Huntsville, AL

Congrats. Sorry, but I don't recall who alobi is. Nice that the car stays in the family though.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Ouch at those prices.

Lots of the stuff is easy to diy though and will save you a good bit of money.

Glad to hear the car is still in the family.

Those are high prices. Maybe it's a regional thing, or the shop is quoting you for better parts (e.g. genuine OEM rotors instead of Zimmerman/Meyle/etc)? Here in LA, you can get front brakes done for $400-500.

2005 330Ci Sparkling Graphite AT

What exactly was installed wrong? or how was it installed wrong?

Congrats.

That diff cover should not be anywhere close to that amount. Fluid is like $50, 2 crush washers and gasket material to seal it.

Congrats!

It is interesting to see this car has now been owned by 3 people within the family.
    Patrick ///04 330i ZHP///BMWCCA#465139///Jim Conforti Shark Injector///H&R Touring Cup Kit///Gruppe M Intake

Well done.