Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Kinivo BTC455 Bluetooth streaming and Hands-Free Car Kit

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have OEM bluetooth, so the only feature I was missing was bluetooth streaming. I have an Aux plug but plugging in my phone every time I get in the car is annoying. This baby does both bluetooth hands free and streaming, but I only wanted the streaming part. My main concern was keeping my BT hands free going through the OEM system because that likely worked better than this.

My concerns were settled. I set this up and did some experimenting with my iPhone 5S. The calls continued to come through the OEM system, and played music through this device. Perfect. Audio Quality was fine for me. This might all also depend on the kind of phone you have but my iPhone worked exactly how i wanted it to

Since I have OEM BT I am unsure as to how well the BT hands free feature works, but if you want BT streaming from your AUX jack this works great.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Thanks for the review.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Update. Still love it and working like I want it to. One observation, I have noticed that it seems to be active and drawing power even with the car off. Not sure if the car turns off the lighter socket at some point but I have started pulling it out of the socket to save the car's battery as I leave the car in the garage for weeks at a time.
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

The cig lighter socket is a constant source. Some say it supposed to turn off after 10 mins or so. But mine stays on 24/7. What I did with the Kinivo was tapped a 12v socket to one of the switch fuse in the glove box and use that instead. If you use the Kinivo with the OEM cig lighter socket, after you leave the car, if you are still close enough your phone will still be connected to it.

Ok so it's not just me. I guess it's not the end of the world if I have to take it out of the socket before I leave the car.

But now the convenience of auto connect bluetooth is gone if you have to plug and unplug it every time. Honestly, just make another 12v socket using a switch source. Not hard or expensive. It will turn on and off automatically.

I would really love to and have it in my glove box or something. Unfortunately I have absolutely no electrical experience and am bit scared to do it. I don't even know how to use one of those devices to measure voltage (ohm meter?)

Doesn't require any electrical knowledge. All you are doing is strip a couple wires and crimp them together, and plug it in a fuse slot. I use the garage opener fuse, which is a switch source. Now you have yourself an extra 12v socket.

Well if you ever happen to be in SF.... ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD