Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Unhappy anybody in the SoCal area happen to have a PS return hose lying around?

I bought a new PS reservoir to address the power steering leak in my car. Somehow I was totally convinced that the reservoir was cracked and at fault. After draining the fluid and all, I realize that the culprit is actually a cracked return hose....

(draining fluid the college way haha)

So now my car is stuck here in need of a return hose before the end of the weekend so I can drive the car on Monday.

Let me know if any of you are local and just happen to have a hose lying around. :P In the mean time I will be calling shops in the area.

2005 330Ci Sparkling Graphite AT

For a temporary fix you could try A) get the stretchy super repair tape and wrap the hose, or B) Cut off the bad part of the hose and reattach the rest to the reservoir using a new hose clamp. However, that only works if the rest of the hose is long enough to reach.

Hm I didn't think of option B. Luckily a local shop had it in stock. A little more expensive than what I could've gotten online ($60. Online is $30), but I'm glad I have it now. Hopefully I'll have this fixed by EOD. Gotta look up some DIYs first.

Ugh I can't get the cooling line out of the radiator. I ordered the bmw line disconnect tool off amazon and it should arrive tomorrow. You can also do it with 2 vice grips but the cost comes out to more or less the same.

Nvm. Couldn't wait any longer so I went to autozone and got vice grips. Worked like a charm! Hose is now all new and free of leaks phew. I can drive again