Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suspension

Suspension

Hey all,
    I've noticed that the suspension seems to be making a weird air compression sound and kinda sounds like what my moms Lexus is doing with it's suspension that is shot... Is there a way to inspect it and or refurb it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.”
    - Jeremy Clarkson

[B] '04 TiAg Coupe Auto----->6MT swap||Angel Eyes||COBY WHEEL||Carbon diffuser, splitters||Hamann fog covers

What suspension is inatalled? Stock? No rebuild option. You can inspect the bound/rebound (the cheap way) by seeing how the car reacts to you pushing down on fender. Bounce is bad.

Or, you can remove the struts/shocks and test them that. The stick suspension is good for 100k miles or so depending on road conditions.

Miles on current setup?

The friendliest forum on the planet.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by pilotnick1203 View Post
    Hey all,
    I've noticed that the suspension seems to be making a weird air compression sound and kinda sounds like what my moms Lexus is doing with it's suspension that is shot... Is there a way to inspect it and or refurb it?

Sometimes its normal. My Dad's M5 does this, as does a friends M5, and a family friend's Mercedes with only 40k on the odo.

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    What suspension is inatalled? Stock? No rebuild option. You can inspect the bound/rebound (the cheap way) by seeing how the car reacts to you pushing down on fender. Bounce is bad.

Or, you can remove the struts/shocks and test them that. The stick suspension is good for 100k miles or so depending on road conditions.

Miles on current setup?

The friendliest forum on the planet.
    Stock an 140k miles

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.”
    - Jeremy Clarkson

[B] '04 TiAg Coupe Auto----->6MT swap||Angel Eyes||COBY WHEEL||Carbon diffuser, splitters||Hamann fog covers

Quote Originally Posted by Johal E32 View Post
    Sometimes its normal. My Dad's M5 does this, as does a friends M5, and a family friend's Mercedes with only 40k on the odo.
    Thanks

- Jeremy Clarkson

I also think I noticed some subframe cracking and a repair job under the carpet where the spare is?

- Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by pilotnick1203 View Post
    I also think I noticed some subframe cracking and a repair job under the carpet where the spare is?

What year is your car? Pics?

2005 BMW 330i ZHP A08
    Dinan Stage 1
    ~ Garry Murphy

I'll take pics when I get home it's a 2004

- Jeremy Clarkson

9. The so called "air noise" is the noise of the fluid traveling through the tight valves inside the shock. That is normal. Check your tire wear around the inner side, if you are getting any signs of cupping.. such as raised and lower tire blocks then the struts are toats. Also, mileage alone is typically a good indicator as well. At 60K they begin to degrade, at 90K you are pretty much all dome with shocks
    ZHP Registry - stats and free classifieds.

+1 on the air noise being normal. My e90 with 88,000 miles makes that noise. I can hear it only while driving with windows rolled down. Car still drives fine.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast