Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Terrible luck

Honestly, when it happened I was pretty much freaking out.
    I've had terrible luck since I got my ZHP.
    Last edited by kowww; 07-23-2014 at 07:07 PM.

A tire blew out and the driver didn't stop? WTF?
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    A tire blew out and the driver didn't stop? WTF?
    Not unreasonable. If it blew, you can't change it on the side of the road. And since trucks have so many tires, one blowing out won't force a stop... it can keep going.
    In the market for an E90 M3

Unless the blown tire is the front tire Dario....

Unfortunately some truckers use retread tires which tear apart like what you had described OP. Sorry this happened to you....I ran into a similar situation last year on the Jersey Turnpike on my way south when driving my ///M.... fortunately I was able to avoid all the debris from the blown tire. The semi kept on going since the blown tire was in back...

No matter what, it sucks...

I've seen it happen, luckily far enough ahead... To give them the benefit of the doubt, I'm not sure they notice it ???

The noise from when the tire blows is insane. But this is why I avoid driving next to big trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    The noise from when the tire blows is insane. But this is why I avoid driving next to big trucks.
    Usually I pass them as quickly as possible but I had someone box me in next to the truck driving below the speed limit in the passing lane.

Filed a claim with my insurance and it looks like they would be willing to cover it. But given my deductible I might as well do it myself for cheaper.
    Figure I can deal with a few paint chips on my side skirt until I go for a full repaint on my car later

This.

I had a tire blow on a tractor outside my office the other day.

I thought my plant blew up

The friendliest forum on the planet!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

+1 and I speed by like noted above. Had one blow next to me years ago on the interstate. A memorable event #skidmarks

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast