Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Congrats on the purchase!

I haven't seen the car around. How was the QC>WI import process? Is this a US ZHP or Canadian ZAM?
    Alex'16 Melbourne Red 328d Touring
    M Sport + M Performance Package

Gone, but not forgotten: '03 Imola Red 330i ZHP - 6MT

Howdy from KY.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Sweet.
    04 Vert/Sapphire Black/Black/Silver Cube/MT/CWP/Xenons/HK-NAV/BMW Performance Air Intake and CF Strut Bar

Nice find. Welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by alexandre View Post
    Congrats on the purchase!

I haven't seen the car around. How was the QC>WI import process? Is this a US ZHP or Canadian ZAM?
    The process was kind of a PITA- Needed a letter from BMW NA stating the car met all DOT and EPA guidelines and that process takes 10 BUSINESS days. Flew into Montreal on the 10th Business day (Friday). Pleaded with BMW for hours to get the letter emailed but no dice. Crossed the border on Sunday with no letter-- and no import. Thought I was going to have to drive back to Detroit (which is the closest land-border crossing- 6.5 hrs away) but luckily was able to get the import done at the MKE airport CBP office once I got the letter from BMW- phew.

Also was forced to pay QST at the Canadian DMW to "register" the car for 3 days. Now I need to talk to someone/find the right rebate form to get that $1K back. Doesn't help that I don't speak French. Also had to pay 2.5% US Federal Duty. Swapped out KPH speedometer overlay with US ZHP overlay taken from a used ZHP cluster I got on ebay. Was able to do that at the sellers house in Quebec. The VIN decoder says the car was USA market with Option - S767A Performance package and L838A NATIONAL VERSION CANADA. Believe this is considered as a ZAM? Regardless, now that its in the US- I'm sticking with ZHP

Congrats ! That was a good find.

Quote Originally Posted by dlucas589 View Post
    The process was kind of a PITA- Needed a letter from BMW NA stating the car met all DOT and EPA guidelines and that process takes 10 BUSINESS days. Flew into Montreal on the 10th Business day (Friday). Pleaded with BMW for hours to get the letter emailed but no dice. Crossed the border on Sunday with no letter-- and no import. Thought I was going to have to drive back to Detroit (which is the closest land-border crossing- 6.5 hrs away) but luckily was able to get the import done at the MKE airport CBP office once I got the letter from BMW- phew.

Also was forced to pay QST at the Canadian DMW to "register" the car for 3 days. Now I need to talk to someone/find the right rebate form to get that $1K back. Doesn't help that I don't speak French. Also had to pay 2.5% US Federal Duty. Swapped out KPH speedometer overlay with US ZHP overlay taken from a used ZHP cluster I got on ebay. Was able to do that at the sellers house in Quebec. The VIN decoder says the car was USA market with Option - S767A Performance package and L838A NATIONAL VERSION CANADA. Believe this is considered as a ZAM? Regardless, now that its in the US- I'm sticking with ZHP
    Wow, what a mess. Much easier the other way around. Pay 11% of NADA at the border, have an inspection done within 45 days, and register it while forking out another 10%. Expensive but worth it!

French is my first language - feel free to PM me whatever you want to send the SAAQ and I'll translate it for ya.

Great looking combo...and some really nice mods. Welcome

Found the listing on the local forums - what a nice car. At a very reasonable price on top of that. Hats off on the acquisition!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast