Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home button misclicks

While I dig the home page (is that dane's house?) and the interactive dynamic feel it provides, I often hit it by mistake when I meant to hit the Forum button.

If I am the only one with this finger dyslexia then so be it, but if others concur, could we move the home button say under the car that is facing us (middle of the blue banner-search area)?

Just an idea.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Oli, I'll probably leave it where it is.

Not that I don't love you, though. Just that I would ask that you be a little more careful when making your selection.

Also, you might want to bookmark the forum homepage. That way you won't have to worry about choosing between those two buttons. You can just use the bookmark instead.

Home always goes in the upper-left. I think you get kicked off the interwebs if you put it anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by ryankokesh View Post
    Home always goes in the upper-left. I think you get kicked off the interwebs if you put it anywhere else.
    I just looked at my Interweb handbook for publishers. Right here, on page 9: "In an effort to keep the Interweb uniform, home buttons, links, and radials, must be placed on the upper, left-hand side of the site." It goes on to say that if I do not comply with this edict, I am subject to sanctions.

Hmmm. Who knew.

Yeah, they're sticklers for that stuff...

Darn rules! I totally understand though.

Perhaps you could leave the home button where it is and put a space between home and forum and whats new?

Thanks for looking into it and being such a responsive Padrino!
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Oli, no worries. I doubt I will be adjusting them. However, I am willing to help you find an easier way to stay on the forum home page.

I think I've got the solution. Do you see the symbol under the navigation bar that looks like a little house? Says forum right next to it when you're on the forum. If you click that instead, it will take you to the home page of the forum.

Would that work? If not, the easiest way is really to just bookmark the forum home page -- or make the forum home page your browser home page.

And, yes, I do want the users to be happy here. So, I will keep helping until you're happy.

Users (for the most part) now consider the upper-left logo to be equivalent to the home button. It's debatable, but there's an argument to be made for completely nixing the home button in the primary nav bar. Personally, I kinda like it how it is though.

Examples:
    www.apple.com --> here they kind of integrated the logo into the navigation. pretty slick, but their logo is very conducive to that.
    www.amazon.com --> no home button here, just their logo.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-SanDiego View Post
    I think I've got the solution. Do you see the symbol under the navigation bar that looks like a little house? Says forum right next to it when you're on the forum. If you click that instead, it will take you to the home page of the forum.
    Would that work?
    Works fine. Didn't even pay attention to those! That's what I'll do now.

Quote Originally Posted by Oli77 View Post
    While I dig the home page (is that dane's house?) and the interactive dynamic feel it provides, I often hit it by mistake when I meant to hit the Forum button.

If I am the only one with this finger dyslexia then so be it, but if others concur, could we move the home button say under the car that is facing us (middle of the blue banner-search area)?

Just an idea.
    My house.....

Hey Marky....I know my house isn't as stunning as that colonial.....but feel free to throw my hizzzzzzzzzzouse in there so we can start saying "Yes" when people ask this.....lol.

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast