Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NanoSkin Autoscrub Kit

Hey guys,

This is a quick review of the new NanoSkin AutoScrub kit

http://www.detailersdomain.com/NanoS...Kit_p_696.html

I got this a month ago or so and just got around to using it. Since I am detailing as a job this summer, I clay several cars a week so I bought it to save time. So far I have used it on a F150 work truck that was filthy, a 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee from Massachusetts that had never been clayed before and a 2008 BMW 335i that gets cleaned somewhat regularly.

I am VERY happy with it. It is easy to use, very quick and does a great job removing contaminants. Just be sure to rinse it every now and then and it works well. Not having to kneed the clay every few minutes is a huge plus! It saves my fingers and also allows me to clay the vehicles much faster than with traditional clay. The ability to reuse it after dropping it is also a huge advantage over regular clay because I have dropped it once and I just took it over to the sink and rinsed it off and got back to work!

I love it and highly recommend it to anyone who clays their vehicle.
    -Chris-

2003 ZHP Sedan - Jet Black on Sand - SOLD

Have you experienced any issues with marring? I ended up doing it by hand just holding the nanoskin to avoid it. I'm guessing I was doing it wrong...?

The F150 I did was black, the Jeep was light pewter and the BMW was silver. I experienced no marring on any of them.

You may not have been using enough lubricant?
    -Chris-

Thanks for the review.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Is it recommended by most to use the 3" kit vs. the 6" NanoSkin kit?

Well I use the 3" kit because I feel I can control it better and move it over the contours better and around in tight areas. I haven't tried the 6" kit personally
    -Chris-

Makes sense! I asked because Amazon offers the 6", but not the 3". Thanks for the reply!

No problem. I've only found the 3" kit on Detailer's Domain. Detailed Image doesn't carry it, at least I can't find it on their site.
    -Chris-

Glad you reviewed this for us. I just saw the other thread that was brought back, and then this one. I'm very interested as I've always been an avid clay user, but this looks awesome...

I have just one question. In the auto scrub demo videos, it looked like he was using a polisher... Is a small random orbiter buffer sufficient for use with this? I don't have any of the professional tools... Just a small 6" orbital...
    2011 E90 Lemans Blue/Bamboo Beige M3- Harrop Supercharged IG: lmb_zcp
    2013 F25 Alpine White/Chestnut X3 35i- Family Hauler
    2006 R53 British Racing Green/Panther Black Mini Cooper S FOR SALE! DM for details!
    Past: 2010 X5M, 2014 328d, 2003 330i ZHP, 2004 330i ZHP, 2012 X3 35i
    WTB!! 2009-2012 E91 328i Touring Contact me with info!

You can use it by hand.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast