Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dr. ColorChip

i decided to use the Dr Color Chip ONLY on paint chips on the hood/side body. There are a handful on the bumper, but given that it has some rash and some spiderwebbing going on, I'm just gonna replace the whole thing down the road (prob the first thing to address after Vanos/VCG etc)
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

I just ordered the kit to attack a couple chips and scratches.
    Question- is there a recommendation on prep? I have wax imbedded in mine, and before I get the laquer thinner or acetone out, is there a specific recommendation on proper prep/degrease?
    Tim

I used alcohol wipe, after claying.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

OK thanks Dane, thats less aggressive, thanks.
    Tim

I had a question about using Dr Colorchip. I have a ton of rock chips on my hood both teeny sized and large. Since the last time I used Meguirs 105 and my porter cable to recover my hood, the 105 filled into the rock chips. So I have teeny white spots all over the front end of my hood where I had previously painted with colorchip, but not deep enough to completely fill the hole.

Now my question is, can I use Dr Colorchip on my hood on the spots with buffing compound (meguirs 105) already filled in? Or should I remove the compound before applying touch up paint?

If I should remove the compound, can anyone tell me how? I've picked at it with my fingernail and washed the car several times and it doesn't want to go anywhere. What can I do?
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Try the old Dr. on one of those compound-filled holes, and see if it holds? You'll find out.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234