Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZHP OEM Spring

ZHP OEM Spring

Does anyone have any interest in OEM ZHP springs? Shoot me reasonable offers.
    -Dimitri; 19

98 Dakar Yellow M3
    Recaro - Ground Control - Macht Schnell - AP - Mashaw - UUC - Schroth - Apex - TMS

Not interested in buying but can you tell us what color stripes are on them?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

The fronts are red and white, the rears are blue blue blue. What do the colored striped indicate?
    -Dimitri; 19

98 Dakar Yellow M3
    Recaro - Ground Control - Macht Schnell - AP - Mashaw - UUC - Schroth - Apex - TMS

The stripes are a easy way to identify different kinds of springs.

I saw a thread over on another forum where the members were trying to identify all the different kinds of springs that came on the e46.

From what they were finding, coupes, sedans, converts all had different springs. And apparently they even varied based on options and years. I was just curious to see if the ZHP was unique in any way. I need to check my stripes next time I see my car and see if they are the same as yours

Do you have the info from the car? Sedan? Coupe? Navigation system? Etc? I'll pass the info on to the guy gathering info.
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Hmm, that's interesting. It's an 03 sedan, silver cube, 6mt, OEM slicktop, OEM heated seats, no zcw, no nav, zhp.
    -Dimitri; 19

98 Dakar Yellow M3

I think mine were green when I removed them

The friendliest forum on the planet.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=397880

"ZHP springs are advertised as being stiffer by about 6%F and 8%R, but I believe ride height is the same as the sport package. From the pictures of springs I've seen both ones identified as ZHP and as 330 sport both have one white and one red stripe on the front and 3 green stripes on the rear.
    If somebody has a set a loose springs and can take some measurements, we can figure out the spring rates and know for sure."
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

If that's true then we have at least two different kinds of rear springs for the ZHP so far since the OP has blue stripes.

Here are my blue stripes for you to see. Sorry for the crappy photos. What year cars were the green stripes springs found on?

-Dimitri; 19

98 Dakar Yellow M3

Shop Advance Auto Parts
    BMW has so many different spring types for the same car its pretty amazing. When I had my Nissan Z there were 3 or 4 types only. The OP in this thread has a 03 ZHP sedan and his rear springs have 3 green stripes. I have not figured out what part number 3 green is *yet*, but I have a hunch. http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...tock-Supension

I will be looking (if I can) under my car this weekend to see what my 05 sedan has. I am thinking it will also be green. My current theory of the minute isblue stripes were for cars with lighter/less options and green was for cars with more/heavier options.

Does your car have fold down rear seats? When I look on the ETK that option changes the part number for the rear springs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast