Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spare tire

Spare tire

Hi all..!!
    I have a zhp and am on a road trip. Unfortunately one of rear tire (Passenger side) have got a small tear and cannot be repaired. I got a replacement back in my home town. Now that i have another 1000 mile to cover in this road trip to get back home is it safe to stick to my spare tire all along following the speed regulations? Kindly advise. Thank you..!!

Spare tire

No, don't drive on the spare for that long. Buy a replacement tire for your wheel

In that case i am in New Jersey now.. !! I am planning to leave from New Jersey to Niagara tomorrow. Can anyone suggest me some shop close by?? Cos most of the shops dont have these 255-35-R18 tires with them.. !!

Unfortunately you just gotta pick up the phone and hope you can find a shop within a decent distance that has a tire. You could try one of the chains like Tire America. The last time I had a single bad tire, the helpful store manager was able to locate the desired tired at another store and have it shipped to his store to install.

Good luck

Yikes, hope you can work that out. I would agree that driving on the spare that long isn't the best option. Really makes you wish it came with a full size spare.

Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by ryankokesh View Post
    Yikes, hope you can work that out. I would agree that driving on the spare that long isn't the best option. Really makes you wish it came with a full size spare.

Sent from my iPhone
    What are the options for finding a full size spare that will fit in the well? Anybody have one?

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    What are the options for finding a full size spare that will fit in the well? Anybody have one?
    Most full size wheels will fit, just not the fatter rears. I keep a winter wheel in there in the summer, and a front summer in there during the winter. Figure it has to be better than the dinky donut. You do have to take out that plastic insert, though.

Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    ^thanks. So a front 135 fits?
    Yes.

The friendliest forum on the planet!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I have been able to fit a full size spare from the front in my '05 convertible but had to remove the plastic & also flip the trunk wheel cover in order to gain enough space to clear the tire.
    '05 330CiC w/ZHP option Semper Fi!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast