Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

BMW Performance Intake

A quick review of the BMW Performance Intake. For install instructions, please see the DIY section. Seriously, it is simple, but there is one step that you need to see the DIY to make it work correctly.
    Specifically to a ZHP, this intake adds a small amount of sound. It really took about 2 days to notice the difference. I don't know if that is because the Computer changed something once it registered the extra airflow, or it was just me. I like the added sound. Also, appearance in the engine bay is an added plus. As far as performance, i did not notice a difference. There may be some improved throttle response, but again, negligible. I noticed a major improvement in gas mileage for the first 3 tanks. About 2 mpgs. I do almost exclusive city driving, and so about 300 miles per week. I calculate my mileage every fill up, and am not relying on the cpu. After the first 3 fill ups, mileage has lowered again, but is still up about 1 mpg. This may also be due to CPU adjusting for the extra air. I am not smart enough to know for sure.

All in all, i am happy with the intake, and would recommend it to those looking for the items noted above. If you are installing it to increase HP, it might not be the best place to spend your money.
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

8 dyno'd horsies too!!!!!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I've got one... noticed a little "more" low rumble sound... and that's about it. No MPGs no HPs no Torques.

sounds good, looks good
    FullyBalanced

daily driver - 2002 Honda Civic LX, Nighthawk Black, cold air intake
    summer ride - 2004 BMW 330i ZHP, Imola, 6MT, black leather, silver cube, cold weather package, xenons, BMW Performance stuff, ///M stuff, ACS stuff
    winter ride - 1997 Toyota Landcruiser FZJ80, 40th Anniversary, factory front and rear lockers, antique sage pearl, lifted and armored

on the 325i it did make a small difference, better throttle response for sure and a much nicer sound. I fI had to dyno-guess, I'd say 5 ponies or so..
    2007 E90 328i, 2014 Jettak MKVI 1.8T

Mine did feel better on the butt-dyno, and the sound was a little better. Plus, good eye candy for the engine bay. John
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Plus, good eye candy for the engine bay. John
    +1

How does the sound compare to something like a K&N CAI?

Just wanted to add a little to this. I had a K&N replacement filter before this intake and when upgrading I noticed more noise at the 4000+ RPM range (which I don't notice anymore, probably because I'm used to it), and a little better pickup on the highway. It seems to take better advantage of the ram air effect, than the stock airbox.

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    good eye candy for the engine bay. John
    +1