Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Akebono Euro Ceramic Brake Pads

I installed these pads about 6 days ago. I am still in the break in-bedding period, but i am very happy. These pads have the initial bit of OEM pads (at least if not more). They do not squeal (used anti squeal paste on contact points with calipers) and they brake well. I do not track my car. If anything changes when the bedding process completes, I will update this post. So far, recommended buy. (i can not imagine they will get worse with more break in, only better...btw)
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

Update. These pads are great! I had an idiot elderly man in a buick pull out in front of me im the pouring rain today, and had no problems stopping....and laying on the horn. Dont think he ever knew i was there.....even after 15seconds of horn. Initial bite is oem minimum...but i think it is actually a little better. No squealing, and no fade thus far. Also, my rims look just as clean as when i bought them. Overall i give them a 100% reccomended buy. I thought i was going to suffer some initiail bite loss, but gain no dust. I can say without question that there is no loss in initial bite, nor in braking power. Definitely worth the money. I paid 70 bucks at ecs tuning for these (front).

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

Quote Originally Posted by spencers View Post
    How did you test fade?
    Very unscientifically, I must say. First, I do not track my car. So, really, if i experience fade something is really wrong. My buddy and I tested the new braking system by going from 45/50mph to 0 at about 85-90% braking about 12 times in a row (and I really mean back to back to back) after we installed the brakes. We experienced no issues. That was the extent of my testing. And really, there are so many things that factor into fade besides pads (rotors, fluid, etc) that i should probably take it out of my "findings".

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

So I got a set of these for the rears on my '05 330Ci ZHP... they wouldn't fit over the rotor. Definitely had the piston all the way back, and the caliper as wide open as it could go. Was still about 2-3mm too narrow.

Any ideas? I think I'm going to hit a local parts store, have them pull whatever pads they have in stock and compare. Make sure I got the right thing.

Inner pad was seated flush? Where did you get them from?
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Inner pad was seated flush? Where did you get them from?
    Ordered from Amazon, they are the EUR683 Euro Ultra-Premium Ceramics. Inner pad was all the way back against the inside part of the caliper body, it physically wouldn't go back any further. I fiddled with it for about 20 minutes and figured if I hadn't gotten it in that much time, something wasn't right.

It's quite possible they sent the wrong type of 683. Amazon has a very good return/replace policy, thankfully. But I'll check it against what the local shop has.

ok.....gotcha.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I only have fronts, so I cant help you here. Sorry. Good luck though. Maybe go to an online store like ecstuning, and check what part number they reccomend from akebono for the rears just to verify accuracy?

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

I have these pads also. I agree with OP. Did some testing on the Tail of the Dragon. No fade. Didn't hit the trees. And had a hell of a good time!
    Pat

2005 330Ci ZHP 6MT
    AA Tune, domestically engineered CAI w/aFe Pro S, UUC TSE3,
    Cooling Sys ovhl with EMP/Stewart wp, BMW M3 Front Strut Brace,
    Cryo-Stop Rotors, Akebono Euro Ceramic pads, SS Brake/Clutch lines, CDV Delete,
    Umnitza Predator Orion AE's, smoked corners and sides,
    VMR V710 18" Staggered w/Hankook Ventus V12 235's/FR and 265's/RR

Quote Originally Posted by patdown View Post
    Didn't hit the trees.
    Always a good thing, lol!
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast