Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BF Goodrich touring or Falken ze 912 on my E30 BMW?

Falkens are 388.46$ mount and balance and BF's are last four discontinued tires they have at discounted price of 337.85 but if I have a blowout its hard to get a matching tire. I'm thinking Falkens, I've heard they are great. I have had yokohama h4's and sumitomo htr's and the yokohama tires were far superior and are hard to get now. What do you guys think?

Falkens......

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Holy crap. Best price for the rears on the zhp was 450 for cont dws. You're in the 300's for 4 tires on the e30.....anything sounds great!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

You know Ray sells Falkens, right?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman View Post
    Holy crap. Best price for the rears on the zhp was 450 for cont dws. You're in the 300's for 4 tires on the e30.....anything sounds great!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
    Yeah they are much cheaper than some 18" low profiles. I'm thinking that I should get the Falkens and also buy the BF's unmounted for my other e30 or just for the future because they are so cheap, it should be cheaper if they don't have to install them also.

BF Goodrich Touring? Not the recently discontinued Traction T/As?

I liked the BF Goodrich Traction T/A line... they had a slightly stiffer sidewall - the size I needed for my basketweaves (195/65 R14) was discontinued. Sounds like they might be doing the same thing with the Touring line?

So here's where my post becomes slightly more helpful (since I just talked about the wrong model BFG). Last time I was changing my tires (9/2010), the tire shop told me the Uniroyal Tiger Paws were equivalent to my discontinued Traction T/As. NOT. I drove on the Uniroyals for two days and I was scared in the twisties. No stability at all. Felt like the back end was going to break loose at any moment. I went back to the shop and exchanged them (only charged me for mount and balance) for Falken Ziex ZE-912's. Still not as "stiff" as the BFG's, but 100% better than the Uniroyals.

I'm not sure if the BFG Tourings have the same side wall as the Tractions, but I've been thoroughly satisfied with the ZE-912's. I think I paid pretty close to Tire Rack prices for my tires... mounted, balanced, and out the door.

The selection for high performance 14" tires is getting pretty sad. Every time I go to buy tires and I tell them all the ratings I want (speed rating, treadwear, etc), they look at me funny and ask what kind of car am I buying these tires for? As if I would be buying Z speed rated tires for my Corolla...

Good luck. Let us know which way you go.
    Last edited by billschusteriv; 02-24-2011 at 07:13 PM.

Hankook Ventus V4's 205/55/16 | 16" BMW OE Style 45's | ECSTuning 15mm Spacers | Thule 45050 Crossroad Rack | Thule 870XT Fairing | LLumar 35%/20% Tint
    Custom Vienna Austria Euro Plate | GoMiniGo "No-Holes" License Plate Bracket | Smoked License Plate Cover | Black License Plate Frame | Khoalty LED License Plate Lights

Falkens going on right now:-)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmadd View Post
    Falkens going on right now:-)
    Pics or it ain't happening. I know you have a Droid....

Haha.

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    Falkens drive good, very little body roll on my setup.

Tell me how to post pics from my droid and it WILL happen. I'm serious, help me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast