Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LivesNearCostco View Post
    I think so. Bullet-nose race studs can be found both with smooth nose and with an allen key socket. The 82mm ones I have from BimmerWorld have a smooth bullet nose so you install them with a double-nut technique, Which is a bit of a chore but I've had some practice now having installed studs 3 times that way. (The first set I bought had 5mm or 5.5mm hex holes but not cut properly, so most of them could not be tightened with a hex wrench or socket.) I think the ones I'm getting from Ray accept an allen wrench. Which should greatly ease installation!
    The Allen head studs are a piece of cake to install. Took me only a few minutes to complete. Longest part is getting the car in the air

Sent from in the bushes

My 7 year itch.

Mods: BimmerBrakes Headers, Magnaflow full system, BYS Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Racing Dynamics Intake, Dinan Throttle Body, Bavarian Auto Short Shifter, ECS Tuning Strut Bar, Projector Fogs, Blackout Grilles, Euro Smoked Tail Lights, Black Corner Lights.

Upcoming: Coil Overs, Sway Bars, Polyurethane Bushings all around, M3 motor mounts

Quote Originally Posted by mbeckel View Post
    The Allen head studs are a piece of cake to install. Took me only a few minutes to complete. Longest part is getting the car in the air

Sent from in the bushes
    +1

The friendliest forum on the planet.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

That's great news, but I still have to double nut the existing ones to get them out. I over-torqued them on installation and used imitation red Loctite. I used to think they needed to be torqued to 60 foot-lbs but now hear they only need 20-30 foot-lbs to install (one site said only 16 foot-lbs). Over-torquing history is another reason to replace them with new ones.

The instructions for the Turner Motorsport wheel studs and they said don't use the allen wrench to remove studs installed with red thread locker. Maybe that rule doesn't apply if you uninstall with heat.

I'd be interested in a black set of these. Ones that are meant for stock setup without spacers.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMeScottG View Post
    I'd be interested in a black set of these. Ones that are meant for stock setup without spacers.
    You will like them. I think you can put small spacers on with them if you changed your mind

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

I was under the impression he didnt have 44mm black studs? I believe those are the ones hes referring to
    Modification Thread
    Original Car: Silver Grey on Grey, A/T (1 of 186)
    As it sits: Silver Grey on Black, M/T (1 of 51)
    European Auto Source Tech
    Instagram: @CarbonZHP

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMeScottG View Post
    I have two options for you (44mm studs w/ nuts)
    - Silver Stud with black nuts
    $81
    or
    - Black Race Studs with black nuts
    $115

Quote Originally Posted by Smilez View Post
    I have two options for you (44mm studs w/ nuts)
    - Silver Stud with black nuts
    $81
    or
    - Black Race Studs with black nuts
    $115
    I endorse these nuts

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast