So as the title states, I know very little about car audio equipment. I do, however, know enough to not feel like my hk system is quite adequate. I'm not looking for pounding bass; I just want it to be a little crisper, and to not feel like the speakers might blow at any moment if I don't turn the radio down.

So, here's what I'm working with: basically I want to swap out at least the tweeters and lows in the front, and probably also the mids in the front and lows on the back shelf. I also want to do this myself, and for as little money as possible. (I really like the BSW approach, but it's more than I'd like to spend at the moment)

That said, I came across a fellow's site detailing his own speaker system upgrade, which seems very comparable to what I'd like to achieve.

Link --> JumboPrawn.com

I'm starting to look at individual components at Parts Express, but I'm having problems finding tweeters that are shallow enough to fit.

Does anyone have any thoughts or advice for me? I'm kind of going a little beyond my comfort zone here, and could use some reassurance about buying the correct stuff.

thanks in advance!