Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks so much for all the input and suggestions, Oli et al!

I think the tweeter and midbass should be 3 ohms for the h/k system, right? That would still mean I'm pretty off on both of them though, lol...

back to the drawing board I go...

Sorry Ryan totally missed that in your original post.

Yep, needs 3 ohm for tweeter, 4 ohm for midrange.

If you do find some of these on the sites provided, let us know. It would be nice for people to know of alternative replacements sites that are cheaper than BSW.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Will do - thanks again for all your help!

Does anyone have some more input on this subject after a few years have passed. My tweeters and mid range speakers are starting to die. I have the stock HK system and would like something that is easy to install and sounds really nice.

I'm on the fence with the BavSound stage one kit. Anyone have some input they'd like to share?
    2003 Mystic Blue 330i ZHP 6 MT

born in germany | delivered to baltimore | spent time in texas | resides in utah
    aFe ProDry S Air Filter | Dinan Stage 1 Software | H&R 27mm Front Sway Bar
    Bridgestone RE760 | StopTech Street Performance Pads
    BMW OEM Clear Corners & Side Markers | Ziza LED Light Kit | AL Bi-Xenon Retrofit | BSW Soundplicity iPod Integration

Same as I tell everyone.... you get more bang for the buck going your own route. But, for the ease of plug and play it provides, it was worth it to me. Overall sound improvement. Add a subwoofer and then it cranks. By itself w/o the sub it's an improvement, but not stellar. I installed it myself and I know nothing about sound nor wiring.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I think at this point, that's what I'll do. Then upgrade the sub later.

John, did you get the sound deadening material? I have all the tools I need that are included in their toolkit minus the picks. But I can get those at Harbor Freight for a couple of bucks.

Thanks.

born in germany | delivered to baltimore | spent time in texas | resides in utah
    BMW OEM Clear Corners & Side Markers | Ziza LED Light Kit | AL Bi-Xenon Retrofit | BSW Soundplicity iPod Integration

I did not get the sound material, did not feel the need, and there has been no issue. And yes, HF is a good place to get the picks.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Help out a car audio noob

See this thread? "Anyone have stock HK Speaker Upgrade options and reviews for sedan?"

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...3&share_type=t

---
    "ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - anonymous E46 fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    See this thread? "Anyone have stock HK Speaker Upgrade options and reviews for sedan?"

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...3&share_type=t

---
    "ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - anonymous E46 fanatic
    I did about five minutes after I posted in this thread.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast