Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NoVAphotog View Post
    Follow up initial review to the WS-80s:

If anyone was deciding on winter tires, I have had the new Bridgestone Blizzak WS-80 tires on for a little over a month now and we just had our first snowfall of the season. I just wanted to say I am VERY happy with my purchase. The car rides great, is quiet at all speeds and most importantly can maneuver about in the snow/ice we've had over the last week or so. Now, obviously, I am a BIT biased as this is the first time in my car history where I have used a dedicated set of winter tires so I'm sure the fact that I can start from a stop or on a hill in a RWD car with hardly ANY tire spin is blowing me away compared to the All-Seasons I've had in past FWD vehicles. I will continue my impressions of them as the winter progresses, heading to the slopes a few times coming up down the line, but for now:

Pros:

• Brand new update to the Blizzak lineup
    • Quiet ride around town and on highway
    • EXCELLENT snow and ice traction, really have to try and kick the backend out (could also be attributed to ZHP handling and 50/50 distribution )

Cons:

• Cornering/launching feels squishier and less confident than with the Runflat Summer tires, definitely have to tone down aggressive cornering or launching.
    • Pricey. Pay to play mindset, ended up at around $800 all said and done.

As before I will provide further impressions as the winter draws on, but I feel confident behind the wheel with these so far. Definitely taking my time and driving to the conditions is paramount, but it is nice knowing you have a little bit of a leg up. Just have to watch out for the OTHER drivers...
    Don't forget the 2 years of free road hazard protection from Tire Rack

Sent from my iPhone

Lol I don't mean to thread jack but, what WINTER tire size would you guys recommend for my stock style 135s? Stick with the oem all season size that comes with the car? Or is there better sizing I should opt for?

Quote Originally Posted by ef_michael View Post
    Lol I don't mean to thread jack but, what WINTER tire size would you guys recommend for my stock style 135s? Stick with the oem all season size that comes with the car? Or is there better sizing I should opt for?
    Are you planning to swap tires (rubber) every season (expensive...) or do you have summer tires mounted on other wheels (rims)? If you have summer rubber on the 135s, pick up a cheap set of 17" wheels and put winter tires on them.

Where are you located? I have a set of 17" wheels for sale in the Cleveland, OH area.

Sent from my iPhone 6S using Tapatalk

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Are you planning to swap tires (rubber) every season (expensive...) or do you have summer tires mounted on other wheels (rims)? If you have summer rubber on the 135s, pick up a cheap set of 17" wheels and put winter tires on them.
    I had the 135s on for summer and a set of 17s with winters but I got an aftermarket set of wheels for summer with summer tires and now I'm planning on using the 135s in the winter. Just need a set of winter tires. So I will be swapping sets (135s with the winter rubbers, and my aftermarket set of 19s for summer). I plan in selling the 17s. Are 17s recommended for winter?

Quote Originally Posted by ef_michael View Post
    Are 17s recommended for winter?
    Generally, you want a smaller, narrower tire for the snow so yes. Keeps the cost down for snow/ice tires as well.

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

Funny how things change with this thread...now I have a whole other VEHICLE for a winter setup and need to sell my winters...

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

Funny how things change with this thread...now I have a whole other VEHICLE for a winter setup and need to sell my winters...
    Stay tuned as next week Dan adds a Mercedes Unimog to the fleet for winter duty. Should be able to squeeze it in to the garage right between the ZHP and the snow cat!

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

-Brettski

Quote Originally Posted by brettbimmer View Post
    Stay tuned as next week Dan adds a Mercedes Unimog to the fleet for winter duty. Should be able to squeeze it in to the garage right between the ZHP and the snow cat!

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
    so true!

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    Generally, you want a smaller, narrower tire for the snow so yes. Keeps the cost down for snow/ice tires as well.
    But in the event that I use the 135's, should the winter tires I use have the same specs as the stock tires that come from factory on the car???

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast