Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 5 of 71 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Thanks Peter. Not a bad idea. Did you solder the wires to the other side?

She passed VA safety and emissions inspection today. Also titled in VA and registered at DMV.
    nice, i guess you fixed the light for the safety test?

i actually butt-spliced the wires from the replacement bulb assembly into the existing wires, as they had corroded so much that one of the wires was not even attached to the bulb-holding assembly anymore.

i electrical-taped it up tightly to prevent moisture ingress and it works great!

peter
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    nice, i guess you fixed the light for the safety test?

i actually butt-spliced the wires from the replacement bulb assembly into the existing wires, as they had corroded so much that one of the wires was not even attached to the bulb-holding assembly anymore.

i electrical-taped it up tightly to prevent moisture ingress and it works great!

peter
    I temporarily ran two wires from the other bulb just to pass inspection. Do you recall which of the 3 wires is hot and ground (brown I'm sure). And what it the third one for?

I temporarily ran two wires from the other bulb just to pass inspection. Do you recall which of the 3 wires is hot and ground (brown I'm sure). And what it the third one for?
    oh goodness... really jogging the memory banks now.

brown is definitely ground, i think i remember that two of them were brown? i think i recall now that one of the wires was actually a ground lead back to the other side, so you really only have 1 hot and 1 ground.

peter
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    oh goodness... really jogging the memory banks now.

brown is definitely ground, i think i remember that two of them were brown? i think i recall now that one of the wires was actually a ground lead back to the other side, so you really only have 1 hot and 1 ground.

peter
    Thanks. I went to two auto parts stores and radio shack with no luck the salvage yard doesn't want to sell just the handle, but the whole trunk!

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

Shawn, it less than 85 after shipping from ecs. I have a good spare from my old assembly but I value it at half the price of the whole new assembly because of the painting hassle of said new assembly and availability of the product.

New handle and new paint? Or get a used black one?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmadd View Post
    Shawn, it less than 85 after shipping from ecs. I have a good spare from my old assembly but I value it at half the price of the whole new assembly because of the painting hassle of said new assembly and availability of the product.
    I sent you a pm

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I kind of like those wheels...
    If anything you can make them winter wheels if you feel so inclined to get a summer set.
    Cold weather problems.

My 7 year itch.

Mods: BimmerBrakes Headers, Magnaflow full system, BYS Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Racing Dynamics Intake, Dinan Throttle Body, Bavarian Auto Short Shifter, ECS Tuning Strut Bar, Projector Fogs, Blackout Grilles, Euro Smoked Tail Lights, Black Corner Lights.

Upcoming: Coil Overs, Sway Bars, Polyurethane Bushings all around, M3 motor mounts

Sure-fit said she needs my to stop by so she can make sure she orders the right fabric and will then give me a quote.
    Shawn, i'd like to know how long and how much the alcantara repairs run you if you don't mind. If I have another week-long trip in the area, I might want to use the same shop for repairs to my seat as well

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Shawn, i'd like to know how long and how much the alcantara repairs run you if you don't mind. If I have another week-long trip in the area, I might want to use the same shop for repairs to my seat as well

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD
    Will do. I won't make it tomorrow though as my meeting got cancelled. Maybe I can talk Dan into stopping by so they can get a match on the alc... :-)

Page 5 of 71 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast