Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Best Way to Strip A Wheel?

I've been at this wheel for about a month. First I tried using this on it about four different times:

Then I tried this twice:

And I'm still left with this!:

I tried applying the liquid then using a chisel (works well, doesn't fair well for the wheel), sand paper (Is it even doing anything?), and a Pressure Washer (Come on you're supposed to be able to strip paint!), and my fingers (this is taking forever). This factory paint is too good!

Suggestions?

My Project Thread
    Register Your ZHP | CoolantSnitch

2005 ZHP 6MT Mods: AFE Intake, Carbon Fiber Hood w/ M3 Bulge, Meyle HD FCAB's, Zionsville T-Stat @ 88°C, Stewart WP, BMW Perf. Rotors F+R, Oil Temp & Press. Gauges, Alcantara Wheel w/ CF Trim, Alum. Pedals + E-Brake, Black Kidney's, Aux Input, Beltronics RX-75 Pro Radar Detector, Beisan Seals + Rattle Kit, Armrest Delete, Schroth Harness, StopTech Pads, SSR Comp-H's

Just needs some clearcoat and you are good to go!

Aircraft stripper should do the trick though. Wonder why it's not working.

Quote Originally Posted by mimalmo View Post
    Just needs some clearcoat and you are good to go!

Aircraft stripper should do the trick though. Wonder why it's not working.
    Me too, I originally was like oh refinish a wheel that doesn't sound too hard and now I wish I had just left it alone.

My Project Thread

2005 ZHP 6MT Mods: AFE Intake, Carbon Fiber Hood w/ M3 Bulge, Meyle HD FCAB's, Zionsville T-Stat @ 88°C, Stewart WP, BMW Perf. Rotors F+R, Oil Temp & Press. Gauges, Alcantara Wheel w/ CF Trim, Alum. Pedals + E-Brake, Black Kidney's, Aux Input, Beltronics RX-75 Pro Radar Detector, Beisan Seals + Rattle Kit, Armrest Delete, Schroth Harness, StopTech Pads, SSR Comp-H's

Quote Originally Posted by MasterC17 View Post
    So, does this stuff like remove aircrafts?

sorry...had to go there...

Quote Originally Posted by Nivo View Post
    Hmm, this one's closest too me. Might be worth a try at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by ryankokesh View Post
    So, does this stuff like remove aircrafts?

sorry...had to go there...
    Honestly, I have no idea why they named it 'Aircraft Remover', 'Aircraft Stripper' would at least make some sense but yes, it sounds like you're trying to make aircraft's disappear with magical liquids

My Project Thread

Definately interested in the results. Thinking about going this route with my style 45s.

Hankook Ventus V4's 205/55/16 | 16" BMW OE Style 45's | ECSTuning 15mm Spacers | Thule 45050 Crossroad Rack | Thule 870XT Fairing | LLumar 35%/20% Tint
    Custom Vienna Austria Euro Plate | GoMiniGo "No-Holes" License Plate Bracket | Smoked License Plate Cover | Black License Plate Frame | Khoalty LED License Plate Lights

I used this stuff on my E30 wheels. It did an excellent job removing the paint, though some elbow grease is still required to get all of it off. Chances are you haven't spent enough time on it yet.
    I used the stuff on 1 or 2 of the wheels and realized that it still required the labor, so I bit the bullet and did the sanding thing. They were basketweaves, so you can imagine how long they took.

In the end, I ended up taking all of the wheels to get sandblasted. What a mistake that was; left the wheel far too rough, so once sprayed, brake dust sticks to it like you wouldn't believe. I would recommend instead that you have them media blasted with beads or something that doesn't leave the wheel pitted. Then just spray. Don't worry about taking off all of the old paint as long as it's level and there is a surface for the primer to adhere to. The paint on the basketweaves AND the Kosei K1's I sprayed is still staying on strong. The K1's were sandpapered only.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I had to use an off the shelf paint stripper and a wire brush on a set of Volks. Some spots I had to re-apply a couple times.