Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thumbs down ZHP totaled, need forum help

Hey Guys, long time no BS. Life and career has been busy as can be.

I come to you all today for help and guidance. My ZHP was totaled as of last Thursday. All parties are ok, albeit a little hurt pride. I rear ended a truck at a weird intersection that you couldn't see around so needless to say she's toast (pics up later)

So that brings me to today, the insurance company advised that it was a total loss. 03 TiAg 6 speed sedan with 154k miles on it. Recent service was diff seals and fluids, trans fluid flush, shifter bushings, starter, complete cooling system, Coby wheel, AUX input, VANOS rebuild with seals, new plugs, VC gasket, OFHG, oil pan gasket. New ZHP shift knob, CF lip I'm sure I'm forgetting some things. Non cold weather, nor premium but did have leather interior.

Before I advise you guys how much they are offering, I'd like to gauge your interest in what you think the car is worth in todays market? I'm in upstate SC if that helps gauge. I just got the report and it's comparing regular 330's in and around a few hundred mile radius, but it clearly states in the report that it's a 5 speed, obviously it's not.

Also, if you guys could point me to Wiki's, Car and Driver or other articles that prove the ZHP is special (or, not special ) I'd really appreciate it. I'm not looking for a fight with insurance, I just want them to give me an honest, fair value.

Any help is much appreciated guys!!! As for what's next? Dunno, likely another BMW but this time it may be an ///M

Dave

Glad to see you hear, Dave, but not for this reason. I'm sorry to hear about the car.

I'd say your car is worth around $9,000. Maybe $10,000. That's my honest opinion.
    In the market for an E90 M3

Dave, sorry to hear of your accident and now totaled ZHP. Glad to hear that everyone involved is ok. I assume that you are asking for value of your car pre-accident? Pricing seems to range depending on mileage and condition, but your car sounds like she was well-kept, so even with 154K miles, she should be on the higher end of the current prices. I'm far from an insurance expert, but if you just had a lot of that work completed recently, you may be able to show them the receipts and they should hopefully credit you for some of your expenses. Definitely make sure that they know that it is a ZHP and is not a normal 330. Others on the forum have been through this and there are several good threads here which you may find helpful.

-Brettski

Sorry for your loss. Others here can help with specifics. We've had several incidents like that in the past year or so. Perhaps printing some of the ads here, autotrader, EAG!, etc would help the adjuster.

I hope you are considering a replacement ZHP.

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_B View Post
    Hey Guys, long time no BS. Life and career has been busy as can be.

I come to you all today for help and guidance. My ZHP was totaled as of last Thursday. All parties are ok, albeit a little hurt pride. I rear ended a truck at a weird intersection that you couldn't see around so needless to say she's toast (pics up later)

So that brings me to today, the insurance company advised that it was a total loss. 03 TiAg 6 speed sedan with 154k miles on it. Recent service was diff seals and fluids, trans fluid flush, shifter bushings, starter, complete cooling system, Coby wheel, AUX input, VANOS rebuild with seals, new plugs, VC gasket, OFHG, oil pan gasket. New ZHP shift knob, CF lip I'm sure I'm forgetting some things. Non cold weather, nor premium but did have leather interior.

Before I advise you guys how much they are offering, I'd like to gauge your interest in what you think the car is worth in todays market? I'm in upstate SC if that helps gauge. I just got the report and it's comparing regular 330's in and around a few hundred mile radius, but it clearly states in the report that it's a 5 speed, obviously it's not.

Also, if you guys could point me to Wiki's, Car and Driver or other articles that prove the ZHP is special (or, not special ) I'd really appreciate it. I'm not looking for a fight with insurance, I just want them to give me an honest, fair value.

Any help is much appreciated guys!!! As for what's next? Dunno, likely another BMW but this time it may be an ///M

Dave
    Sorry to hear about your loss. As for the arrivals, check the general ZHP forum, that I have poster most of the ZHP related articles in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Quote Originally Posted by 3ZHPGUY View Post
    Sorry to hear about your loss. As for the arrivals, check the general ZHP forum, that I have poster most of the ZHP related articles in.
    I'm not sure I follow what your saying.

Yes, planing on nudging, not fighting insurance. So far, the comparisons are to other 330's, xi's, etc. I'm going to provide them with any and all ZHP's I find locally.

I was hoping to find a break down somewhere of parts that are on a ZHP, not a 330.

Something like:

Special Door Sills
    M badged shift knob
    6 speed trans vs 5 speed
    different gearing
    M badged 3 spoke steering wheel
    darker headliner
    special black or silver cube trim

etc. Something I can print and take with me to the adjuster and show him, here sir, here are the differences and why the car is worth more.

Much appreciated guys.
    Last edited by Dave_B; 08-21-2014 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Added additional items below.

ZHP articles, stupid spell checker

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Cool, no worries.

Would like an AW on black, with HID's sedan! That would be worth traveling for!

Can anyone confirm rear window defroster? My detailed report says it doesn't have it. I can't remember off the top of my head, but I think it does.

Glad you are Ok Dave! Sorry to hear the bad news.
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast