Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My damn subframe is starting to tear...

Need some help guys!
    So about a month back I purchased some new suspension for my ZHP. I went for the BC racing coil overs. Was looking for a sportier driving experience that was still tolerable as a daily set up.
    Long story short lately I've been hearing some funny clunking noises coming from the rear driver side underneath the car. I thought it had something to do with the coils themselves at first, but quickly found out what it is after doing some research... I now have a subframe that is starting to split, from the bottom driver side of the car, just to the left of the diff (where it normally starts).
    BMW North America will not cover any subframe damage, as they closed out their lawsuit they had against them a few years back. Which is B.S. If you ask me. ITS A DESIGN FLAW.
    I put the same post on the ZHP Owners Club facebook page, but I figured here would be a better place to hear some better input.

Any input is greatly appreciated..

03 ImolaRot|6sp|Alcantara|Silver Cube|CW|Xenons

Coby Alcantara Knob|CF Diffuser|BMW Performance Kidneys|Umnitza Eyes|RCR|UUC TSE3|GruppeM CF-Kevlar Intake|BC Racing Coils|Spacers|BavSound Stg. 1

BMW/CCA/CT VALLEY

1979 911sc: The Perpetual Project

Active Autowerke has subframe reinforcements to fix this issue. Also see Wyatt's build, he had this issue. I plan to reinforce my subframe before installing coilovers. Good luck with your repairs.

My 7 year itch.

Mods: BimmerBrakes Headers, Magnaflow full system, BYS Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Racing Dynamics Intake, Dinan Throttle Body, Bavarian Auto Short Shifter, ECS Tuning Strut Bar, Projector Fogs, Blackout Grilles, Euro Smoked Tail Lights, Black Corner Lights.

Upcoming: Coil Overs, Sway Bars, Polyurethane Bushings all around, M3 motor mounts

My 7 year itch.

Mods: BimmerBrakes Headers, Magnaflow full system, BYS Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Racing Dynamics Intake, Dinan Throttle Body, Bavarian Auto Short Shifter, ECS Tuning Strut Bar, Projector Fogs, Blackout Grilles, Euro Smoked Tail Lights, Black Corner Lights.

Upcoming: Coil Overs, Sway Bars, Polyurethane Bushings all around, M3 motor mounts

Quote Originally Posted by mbeckel View Post
    Thanks man!

Coby Alcantara Knob|CF Diffuser|BMW Performance Kidneys|Umnitza Eyes|RCR|UUC TSE3|GruppeM CF-Kevlar Intake|BC Racing Coils|Spacers|BavSound Stg. 1

BMW/CCA/CT VALLEY

Is anyone in CT that knows of a reputable shop that will do the work? I live in southeastern CT.

BMW/CCA/CT VALLEY

Quote Originally Posted by 09mageec View Post
    Thanks man!
    You're very welcome. Good luck with your repair

My 7 year itch.

BMW/CCA/CT VALLEY

Anticipate 10-13 hours labor. And the aa kit is the turner Motorsport kit
    - Stuart

/_________\
    OO=[][]=OO

- Stuart

/_________\
    OO=[][]=OO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast